Wednesday, June 8, 2011

HEB cereal deal - As cheap as .25 a box AFTER rebate


I saw this deal the other day but didn't take advantage because I maxed out my codes on the Rice Krispies deal at Randalls. Then CharityKC commented on my last HEB post and reminded me of this pretty HOT deal!

As you can see in the picture, HEB has some Kelloggs cereal on sale after YQ for 3 for $4.50. This includes Frosted Flakes, Corn Pops, Froot Loops and Apple Jacks.  If you look closely at the Frosted Flakes on the top left, they are the specially marked boxes for a Cars 2 promotion Kelloggs is doing.
These boxes have codes in them that can be entered here for merchandise, including a $5 gas card(actually it is a prepaid Visa card so you can use it for other things besides gas).  It takes 4 codes to get the $5 gas card and you can enter up to 30 codes per account.  So, the best way to do this deal is in groups of 12:

12 boxes @ 3 for $4.50 = $18 out of pocket
Submit your codes online(can only enter 8 a day, so it will take 2 days to enter them all)
Request the $5 gas card x 3 (4 codes each x 3 = 12)
Get back $15 worth of Visa prepaid cards in the mail, making your final tally for the 12 boxes $3

$18 - $15 = $3 / 12 boxes = .25 a box

*The Cars2 Promotion goes until June 2012, so if you would rather have different cereal, you have time to wait for the next sale.

*Note, the YQ is a M coded coupon, so you cannot use inserts or IP in addition to this one. 

Thanks again CharityKC for the comment on this :)

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.   See my disclosure statement here.

11 comments:

Ashley M. said...

Do you know how long this will last? I'm planning on going to town tomorrow...

katycouponers said...

Ashley, the YQ had an expire date of 6-14. HTH

Lori said...

Do you know if this sale is in the weekly ad? I didn't get my ads yesterday like I normally do.

katycouponers said...

Not in this weeks ad(at least not for my area) but it was advertised last week. It does go for 2 weeks, so the 14th is the last day to take advantage

Unknown said...

Thanks SO much for the credit. I feel so loved. =-)
I noticed on Kelloggs.com/cars2 they are allowing a max of 30 points per account. Would you think that is per address or can both my hubby and I enter points?

katycouponers said...

I believe you can as I don't see rules to the contrary and actually these rules about children participating implies multiple members of the same household can participate :)

•The e-mail address used by the parent and child to register must be different. This allows the parent to give the child parental permission to participate in the program using their own e-mail address.
•If you are uncomfortable with your child having their own e-mail address, we suggest you sign up for the Kellogg's® Passport to Adventure Program using your e-mail address and participate together with your child. In this way, you and your child would have access to a single account.

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo! thank you for this great deal:) Here in Austin, they are $2.54-$2.58/box-but NO complaining. you rock!!
jamie

Anonymous said...

What do you guys do with all the boxes of cereal? I was considering donating but since I have to open the box to get to the code I guess that's out.

RhondaM said...

You could still donate the cereal, you aren't opening the bag, just the box, it's no different than donating bagged cereal. I only buy cereal a few times a year so 3 boys will be eating all that I get! Thanks so much for the heads up for this deal!

Anonymous said...

I found boxes of Frosted Flakes and Fruit Loops with the Cars codes, but not Apple Jacks! Has anyone seen Apple Jacks with the CArs2 codes on the box?
Jennifer

katycouponers said...

Jennifer, I personally have not looked but I have heard others in your area having issues finding them too, sorry.

Post a Comment