Thursday, August 4, 2011

CVS - More Clearance Diapers - Almost free with coupons!

Wow! I don't know about you, but I have been getting a TON of $3/10 CRTs for baby care and $1 off any Huggies. I thought there was NO way I was going to use even half of these, see picture below of my stash!  (I guess it is from buying all those clearance diapers I posted about here)


I had an errand to run in a part of town I am not used to being in and I noticed a CVS so I stopped in. I am still on the hunt for those elusive Bic razors! While I didn't find the razor (I need to rememeber to get a raincheck tomorrow) I did find a TON more diapers on clearance. I mentioned last week to my friend Erin to keep an eye on the Pampers Sensitive as they were 25% off. Much to my surprise, at this store, they were 75% off, SWEET! Not only that, they still had Huggies Pure and Natural on the shelf.

I knew I had some HOT coupons to combine all this for next to nothing out of pocket and I really like that I am getting the free diaper coupon for each 6 Huggies I purchase.


So, to optimize my coupons (and to keep within the limit 4 on P&G coupons), I did the following:
(two identical transactions)

4 Pampers Sensitive Swaddlers $2.74 each
3 Huggies Pure and Natural $2.87 each
= $19.57
-$3/15 baby care CRT
-$3 - 3 $1 off Huggies CRT
-$4.50 - 3 $1.50 Huggies manuf q  7-17 SS
-$8 - 4 $2 off Pampers Sensitive 7-31 P&G
=$1.07 + tax
=$1.46 out of pocket and got back $1 ECB for purchasing Pampers

I got $1 ECB on both transactions and it shows limit reached so I guess limit is 2, but apparantly you have to do them 1 at a time because otherwise I should have gotten a $2 on the first transaction and been done.

So basically for .92 I got 14 packages of diapers!!!! AND I should earn another free coupon for the 6 Huggies, yay!
Not only that, but I just found out that the Pampers Sensitive packages are worth 42 Gift to Grow codes EACH!

If you cannot find the Pampers or Huggies on clearance, look for the Just the Basics brands as it appears they are clearancing these out as well(some stores may not have them marked clearance, so be sure to scan!)





Don't understand my lingo? Go here.   Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

9 comments:

Erin said...

wow-did they have more? We just became foster parents so I would love to stock up on these!!!!

Monica said...

Any idea why they are on clearance?? I am near the Pearland area and wonder if I could get so lucky! How did u snag the $3/$10 coupons originally?

Leah said...

That's incredible!! I just started couponing and I can not imagine ever being able to do such deals! How many Sunday newspapers do you get each week?

katycouponers said...

Erin, you can check your local store, it seems to be chain wide.

Moniquita, the $3/10 printed at the coupon machine(the price checker, just scan your card and you might get one too). Diapers go on clearance often when they want to change packaging size or something along those lines.

Leah, my count on Sunday coupons varies depending how many of friends, family and coworkers remember to give me their inserts

inez said...

I bought the Just the basics diapers and I didn't like them at all. I only paid 1.47 or 1.74 for 1 pkg but they just didn't cut it for my son. :(

I'm hoping I'll find some of the pampers and huggies though since my cousin just had a baby :) would be a great gift without killing my wallet :)

Masi said...

I noticed you got size 1 Pampers...did you notice any size 3?? If so could you tell me which store so I can go get some...I am about 12-18 months away from becoming diaper free forever (potty trained my oldest about 9 mo ago) so I was hoping to stock up on this deal and then not have to worry about diaper sales ever again :) Thanks a ton...LOVE your blog

Masi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda007 said...

I think they may be making room for some of the new easy on pull up diapers for babies that are out. My store had ONE package of size 5 for 4.99. Not a great deal to me so I skipped it. This week the WAGS diapers are 2/13.48, then 2 off each pack, and I have a few 1/1 peelies left that will bring them down to 3.75 a pack and I LOVE the WAGS diapers. My son has NEVER leaked out of them.

Brittany said...

I have yet to find the diapers marked @ 75% off, still only 50% here. :( The free pack didn't print for me the other day either. Don't know what's up with that? I waited 3-4 days since my 6th package was purchased and still nothing! (I have bought 7 of the pampers, 1 huggies P&N and a huggies jeans. The coupon machine printed a $4 off the jeans so I got a pack for DS using a $3/15) So far I've spent $17 on diapes. :)

Post a Comment