Friday, August 5, 2011

Another HOT clearance deal at CVS - Garnier stylers


Today I stopped into CVS to scan my card for coupons and to check for razors. Well, they were still out of razors so I got a raincheck. I got a coupon for a free Pampers too for the 8 I purchased 2 days ago, so it seems they are running the buy 6 promo get 1 free on Pampers as well YAY (according to my ad for next week, I can earn $3 in ECBS for buying Pampers so I will save that free coupon then to make a profit!)

Well, I had a little extra time to kill so I scanned the store for clearance tags.

I found tags on the Aussie Sprunch spray for $1.24
I had a homemailer for $1 off any so I snagged that for just .24

The 3 Garnier were on 75% clearance for :
Survivor gel $1.37
Boost $1.22
Brilliant $1.14

My nephew goes through LOTS of gel spiking his hair so I thought by itself this was an AWESOME deal. I had $1 coupons from 6-5 and 7-24 RP.
In addition to that, I am a member of the Beauty Club.
In the Beauty Club, you earn $5 for every $50 spent on beauty products. For those of you not math inclined, that basically means you earn .10 for every $1 spent PRE coupon.
So, for these garnier, you earn basically .14, .12 and .11 respectively toward your $5.
Well, I noticed when I bought just a few these were counting toward the weekly ECB (spend $10 get $3 in ECBS!!!!!!!)

WOW!!! Total score,
So basically, you can get from 8-9 Garnier and make a profit if you have that many coupons!
Assuming all 1.14 price point and that you have 9 coupons
1.14 x 9 = 10.26 - 9 in coupons = 1.26 oop and earn 3 ecbs and $1.03 toward $5 beauty club
Assuming all 1.37 price point and that you have 8 coupons
1.37 x 8 = 10.96 - $8 in coupons = $2.96 oop and earn 3 ecbs and $1.10 toward $5 beauty club

AWESOME!!! Good luck finding these 3 types and don't forget, if you have been working on the buy 5 gallons of milk get 1 free, tomorrow is the LAST day to purchase toward this and this week milk is on sale AND you get $1 ECB (limit 2). I purchased my last gallon today since I needed milk anyway and in two days will have a coupon for a free gallon :)



Don't understand my lingo? Go here.   Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

3 comments:

Amanda007 said...

I got the gel at my CVS. 12 cents each after coupon! Awesome deal. Now I have enough hair gel to last my son a lifetime!

Anonymous said...

Do they limit rain checks? I have two daughters and want total of four. And do they give ecb on rain check? Thanks!

katycouponers said...

Anon, the rainchecks have the event code so they can print out your ecbs. You will be limited to the printed limit in the ad for all ecb rainchecks

Post a Comment