Sunday, August 21, 2011

Walmart Price matches - YMMV based on region


Ok, I get asked on one of my facebook groups a lot what I plan on price matching at Wal*mart. So, if you guys end up liking this feature, I "might" make this a weekly post. I can't promise you anything because if you have read me for any length of time, you know I am sporadic at best! I blog when I can and I am working to get more organized, but again, I am sporadic at best.

So, I have the following ads weekly at my disposal for price matching. You may not have some of these due to your location, or your Walmart might not accept some of these due to proximity(or lack there of) to some of these stores:
Randalls
Kroger
Food Town
Foodarama
Sellers Brothers
Fiesta
Save a Lot
Gerlands Grand Market
Brookshire brothers

To make my life easier while shopping, I browse the ads at home and create a word document of all the items I am price matching and at what store I see that price. Then when I am in the store, I know exactly what I am running in to get and at the checkouts I know what ad matches up with that price in the event the cashier requires a visual. So, for tomorrow's run, here is my personal shopping list based on the items I need and the coupons I have (I have not checked prices yet for these items at Walmart, so they might be cheaper and if so I will just buy at their listed price)

Foodarama
.98/lb Red seedless grapes

.78/lb red or black plums

$3.99 Blue Bell - $1 manuf coupon(Fiesta and Food Town also have this price)= $2.99

$1.39 Challenge Tuscan Style 7 oz - $1 insert 11-21 SS = .39

$1.50 Dan o ninos - $1 insert 8-14 SS = .50

.50 Friskies cat food 5.5 oz – bogo tearpad (Fiesta also has this price) = .50/2


Save a Lot
.49/lb Roma tomatoes

Sellers Bros
.77 Hershey milk shake 12 oz - .50 tearpad = .27

2 for $1 Bic pens 10 pack -$1/2 insert 7-31 SS(Fiesta also has this price) = FREE

2lbs/$1 Sweet Potatoes

2 for $3 Watermelons

Food Town
$1.59 Motts 6 pack - $2/2 MDA Booklet = .59 each (better than CVS price!)

Fiesta
$10.88 Shiner Bock 12 pack (hubs is excited about this one, lol)

.99. Green, red or romaine lettuce

HEB
$1 Cantaloupe

5 for $1 oranges

Randalls
$1.29 lb Beef Back Ribs - $3 winetag = price varies

3/$1 Kiwi fruit

Brookshire Brothers
3/$1 Bic pens - $1/2 insert = OVERAGE (I have never tried price matching BB store ad, so this might not work for me, so my backup is to just get them free from the other ads)

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.   Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Went to WALMART a few weeks ago to price match and when I gave my coupons at the end the cashier got the CSM, and she told me I can no use coupons and price match. It was one or the other. I told her that made no sense b/c I can go to these other store and use my coupons. She told me she would do it "this" time. I called corporate and they told me it does not say either way in their policy so it is up to the CSM. Anyone else have this problem?

katycouponers said...

Wow Anon that is crazy! It seems that CSM has no concept of the purpose of price matching. Not sure if you have another store close by or perhaps see if another CSM in that store has a different view and try to shop when that one is on shift.

Daysi said...

This is awesome!
Thanks a lot for doing this.

Unknown said...

let us know if you have problems on the beer and meat price matching. my Wal-mart neighborhood market told me once upon a time that they did not match prices on alcohol or meat/chicken/seafood since the quality was different everywhere

katycouponers said...

The quality of alcohol is different, lmao, that is funny!

I will let you know but I have already price matched pork ribs twice with no issues. :) The alcohol I will test today and if not I do live close enough to Fiesta to pick his Shiner up there.

Enriched-Mom said...

I've read on another place about a gal in Wisconsin not being able to use coupons and price match. Boo!

katycouponers said...

Nicole, I went yesterday and did not get a chance to try the meat as they didn't have the seasoning I needed to use my coupon, but had zero issues price matching the beer. I even had it at the end and asked my cashier if I could price match beer and he said, "I don't see why not!" YAY!

Jennifer Zimmermann said...

Which wal-mart location do you shop at? And does your wal-mart match after RR's and ECB's?

BTw - Love this post. I would love to see the sporadic continuation of it! :)

Anonymous said...

The lettuce is 69 cents at Fiesta this week. Just and heads up.

Unknown said...

thanks Stephanie- good to know i can match some more items

Post a Comment