Wednesday, August 31, 2011

CVS - Gas card deal and a few small money makers


Sorry it has taken me half the week to get to this but I have been unable to take lunch hours to shop this week due to meeting. By the time I shop at get home, I am too exhausted to post.
So anyway, it is a fairly light week this week, but there are a few deals to be had with the right coupons!
I am just picturing one of each item(I bought some multiples of these items) just to make it quicker to post and not have to stage it all for photos.
First, this one might not be for everyone as this involves homemailers and a CRT coupon I had. Pantene is on sale for 2/$6.97.  When you purchase two, you earn a $1 extra buck.  I happened to have 2 homemailers for a free bottle of Pantene and I combined that with a $2/2 shampoo, conditioner or styler CRT coupon I got for scanning my card at the scanner in the store.  I used the overage on this to buy my milk for this week(not pictured).  The milk was priced $2.99 and you earn a $1 ECB when you buy a gallon, so essential I made a $1 on the three items combined!
2/$6.97 + $2.99 - $6.97 free homemailers - $2 crt - 2 ecbs earned = -1.01  (not to mention the .70 I earned toward my $5 Beauty Club ECB- buy $50 worth of beauty ie Pantene, get $5 ECB)

Second deal, again might not be for everyone as this involves clearance so your store might be out.  I found all this clearance at 3 different stores and it is NOT marked on the shelf.  I pictured these so you know which ones to look for in your store and have scanned at coupon machine.
Garnier stylers $1.17 and $1.37.  I used $1 off inserts from 6-5, 7-24 or 8-28 RP or IP(goes straight to print).  Cost is .17 or .37 each and for each $10 worth pre coupon you earn $3 ECB AND each counts toward Beauty Club ECB!

Now for the gas card promo: Spend $30 get $10 gas card.  The following items should help you get there for FREE or better(after gas card)

Visine was $3.99 buy 1 get one 50% off
There is a $3 IP, making the two FREE!
$3.99 + $1.99 - 2 $3 = $0 oop and $5.98 toward the gas reward.  If you have 2 computers do this twice and you are well on your way to the gas card!

Herbal Essence Shampoo/Conditoner are 2/$5.97 or $2.99.  If you have the free homemailer, use it to earn another $2.99 toward fuel reward.

Then the Dawn dish soaps are .99 each.  Use the .75 or .50 coupons in the most recent insert and pay .24-.49 each out of pocket.

This is the scenario I ended up doing for the fuel discount(I did this at multiple stores on my way home so as to not use more than 4 like P&G coupons:

2 Visine $5.98 - $6 coupons
24 Dawn dish .99 - 12 .50 q - 12 .75 q = $8.76
Spent $8.76 and got back $10 gas card for on overall mm of $1.24 on this deal
*I did not use my Herbal Essence homemailer since I was able to find 4 of each variety Dawn at the 3 stores I visited :)

If you have access to 2 computers,  I would suggest trying to get 4 Visine so you are already at $11.96 toward the $30(actually mine printed at $29.74), so that would bring you down to 18 Dawn or 15 if you have the Herbal Essence freebie :)

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.  
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, YOU ARE AMAZING! Hope my brain starts thinking like yours soon!

Post a Comment