Friday, March 25, 2011

Walgreens - yay for overage!

Stopped into Walgreens yesterday after my drs appointment and got some goodies :)
I have already mentioned the Almay deal, but for those of you having difficulty using the coupons on the wipes and cleaners, there are several items that are priced at just $5.59 making them only $1.59 after both coupons.  Still a profit of $3.41 after $5 register reward!

A weekly deal that works well with this is the Plackers.  Priced at just $2 they generate a $2 register reward.  I have been buying these to roll my $2 Post catalinas for a few weeks ago.  Then, I grab one of the Almays and a Chips Ahoy up front for a filler, pay just ~ .30 each transaction to turn my $2 into a $5.  AND the cashiers were more than happy to ring up multiple transactions because they get a little bonus for selling the Chips Ahoy :)

One more HOT deal I took advantage of was the Osteo BiFlex.  This week it is on sale for $9.99 and generates a $1 RR.  Well, they seem to ALSO be on bogo sale, so I was purchasing two at a time @9.99
and using the 2 $6 insert coupons from the 3-6 RP for a PROFIT of $2.01 during each transaction.  I bought a few clearance toys with the overages.
If you don't have 2 $6 inserts, you could use 1 $6 and one $3 IP, pay .99 and get back $1.  I don't personally use this, but my dad does and these pills get expensive.  If you don't use them, you can always donate them to someone that does or a local charity.

Thanks Mercedes for the heads up on the Osteo Bi Flex

0 comments:

Post a Comment