Friday, March 4, 2011

Alright Walmart, You have my Attention

Wow!!  Looks like Walmart finally wants to try to compete for us couponers' business.
Corporate has made some revisions to their coupon policy and even have gone so far as to have a link to the printable pdf of their policy.  I do suggest you print one and take with you to the store as I doubt the new rules have fully trickled down to all the staff.

I really like a few of the changes, including:
Walmart accepts the following types of coupons :
  • Competitors' coupons that feature a specific item for a specified price for example, $2.99              (they are not clear if we can use manuf coupons with these?)
  • Checkout coupons (also called "Catalinas") that are printed at our competitors' registers, have "Manufacturer Coupon" with specific requirements printed on them, a valid remit address for the manufacturer, valid expiration date, and a scannable bar code.
AND the mother of all changes!!!!!!!!:
The following are guidelines and limitations:
  • Coupons may exceed the price of the item. Change may be given or applied toward the cost of the basket purchase. 
 WHOOP!  This is awesome and I will certainly be more inclined to give this rule a run for its money.


Thanks Hip2Save for the heads up.

8 comments:

Deb said...

They clearly state that "only one coupon per item is permitted."

I'm definitely printing this to have along. I haven't shopped at Walmart in a very long time, except for things that I wouldn't reasonably ever expect to have coupons for.

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

That is good now if only they would double and triple coupons.

Wesley and Laureen said...

I'm gonna run to Walmart today with this policy in hand and see how it goes! Very excited about this but... who knows what happens at the store level. Thanks!!

Maria S. said...

Love that it's in black/white about being able to use coupons that the value is higher than the item costs. After being denied several times for just a penny when I had a cart full of other things, I haven't tried in a of couple of years at Walmart. I guess now I might go there for more than just the Chuck E Cheese string cheese with the $3.00 in free tokens coupon, and a few items I usually pick-up along the way.
But the loud and awful feel of the Walmarts close to me will still be there.
Thank you for posting this very helpful update

Unknown said...

Trouble in paradise...

Made my first trip to WM in over a year to test out the new policy. Same old result:( These folks can't even grasp the difference between "one per purchase" and "one per transaction." I even asked them to read the policy, which I had brought with me, and the CSM refused! What a disappointment. Can't say I'm surprised.

katycouponers said...

Linda, what store location was this?

Unknown said...

It was at FM 1960 and Cutten Rd. I've always had the same problems there. Finally just quit going, the frustration wasn't worth it. But the new policy is just so compelling for us couponers, that I really want to give them a fair shot. I may try to call them in the morning to get some clarification. Would love a resolution before my Purex Q's expire on Saturday:) Do you know of specific locations that are using the new policy?

Unknown said...

Okay, I've been to the four closest Walmarts to me and spoken to Customer Service at each one. I found that the one at FM1960 and Cutten Rd, as well as the one at Tomball Pkwy and Spring Cypress are NOT giving overages on coupons, though they are adhering to the rest of the new coupon policy. The stores at FM1960 and Eldridge and 290/Cypress-Rosehill are giving back the overages with no issues.

Post a Comment