Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hot Rebate deals at Staples - Start Sunday *Updated with my run!



I have to admit I am always keeping my eyes open for ways to get free copy paper. Being a couponer means needing paper to print those wonderful high value Ip's.
Well, I really love Staples because a few times a year they offer free or cheap copy paper. I try to take advantage of these offers everytime they become available so I have never had to "pay" for paper!

Well, this weekend Staples is at it again. They have MANY items for free after Staples EasyRebates and a few that are cheap. I love their EasyRebates because you can do them online; quicker and NO STAMP!

Here are the items listed in the ad I just got in my inbox:

Pentel RSVP pens item #474054 $2
Earn $2 EasyRebate Limit 1
Final price : FREE

Staples Gold paper clips item # 480113 $2
Earn $2 EasyRebate Limit 2
Final price : FREE

Staples #10 Security Envelopes item # 394057 $5
Earn $5 EasyRebate Limit 2
Final price : FREE

Hp Everyday 8.5x11 Photo paper 50 pack item # 809757 $ 8.99
Earn $8.99 EasyRebate Limit 2
Final price : FREE

Hammermill 8.5x11 Copy Plus paper item # 122408 $5.99
Earn $4.99 EasyRebate Limit 2
Final price : $1 each

Staples Brights 8x11 24lb ream colored paper asst skus $10.99
Earn $7.99 EasyRebate Limit 2
Final price : $3 each

Well, I also happened to have gotten a $10/50 Office Depot coupon in my inbox (if your store does not take competitor coupons you can go to RecycleBank and get a Staples $10/50)

I am planning to do the following:

1 Pentel RSVP pens $2
2 Staples Gold paper clips $22 Staples #10 Security Envelopes $5
2 Hp Everyday 8.5x11 Photo paper 50 pack $ 8.99
2 Hammermill 8.5x11 Copy Plus paper $5.991 Staples Brights 8x11 24lb ream colored paper $10.99
= $56.95 - $10 coupon
= $46.95 x tax (my rate is 8.25%)
= $50.82

Receive back $51.95 for a final profit of $1.13 and I get 2 reams of paper to print more coupons!

*This post is for qrazyguy per his request in chat ;P

*Update, I just went to my Staples with my MIL to show how super easy Staples can be.  It took us under 10 minutes to round up our stuff and head to checkouts.  I used my $10/50 for Office Depot and altered my scenario slightly than the one above(I don't really need pens and paper clips)
I purchased 2 envelopes, 2 photo papers, 2 reams of paper and 1 bright color paper. 
Total was $50.95 less $10 Office Depot q = $40.95 + tax = $44.33

Came home, took the picture, logged into Staples and entered rebates (took about 1.5 minutes) and opted for the rebates via check.  Will get back $45.95 in rebates for a profit of  $1.62!  Now that was EASY (hehe)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went today to bought all the "free" items, but only got a rebate form for the copy paper? I made sure all the item numbers matched your post...what else can I do?

qrazyguy said...

Thank you so much for the writeup Stephanie and that looks like a great scenario! That was a big help, I will try something similar. Let us know how it goes, ok?

I usually go to the Gessner/SW Fwy or I-10/Sawyer locations, do you know if either of them have taken a competitor Q?

qrazyguy said...

Here's another scenario:

2 envelopes @ $5
2 photo paper @ 8.99
2 copy paper @ 5.99
1 colored paper @ 10.99
Total 50.95 -10/50 + tax = 44.32, receive back 45.95

If I can find some good fillers that I use/need:
1 pen @ $2
2 paper clips @ $2
2 envelopes @ $5
2 photo paper @ 8.99
2 copy paper @ 5.99
filler 4.05+

Total 50.00 -10/50 + tax = 43.30+, receive back 43.95

katycouponers said...

Anon, the rebates start today, Sunday. take your receipt back and return and rebuy and you should get the rebate receipts. :)

Anonymous said...

ZM - Thanks for the heads up on this. Sound awesome. Having never shopped Staples before...can you tell a little more about the EasyRebates. You say it is easy to submit...do you get actually money back (like check or a prepaid Visa card) or a GC for the store only?
Just wondering.
Thanks.
Jenn

katycouponers said...

jenn, on most these easyrebates, you have a choice of check when you are filling them out online. Staples offers two different kinds of rebates. 100% staples rewards and free after easyrebate. The 100% staples rewards are a credit to the store and have expiration dates, so kind of annoying. Also with 100% staples rewards, using $/$$ coupons lower what you get back.
This weeks offers are the latter kind, and EasyRebates. These are like most other mail in rebates and you can opt for check or prepaid cards that can be used anywhere, thus truly a free after rebate offer :)

Courtney said...

Thanks for posting Stephanie! Went to Staples this morning and got the freebies!!!!

Angie said...

Hi -
I have a question - can I use Staples Rewards to buy these EasyRebate items and still get the full rebate? Angie

Post a Comment