Monday, October 10, 2011

Transformers Deal at Toys R Us


I was pretty excited when I noticed the sale going on this week at Toys R Us on Transformers Dark of the Moon toys.
You will want to score yourself some $5 manufacturer coupons from here, or ask at your local Toys R Us for the tearpad coupons(thanks reader Richard for the tearpad tip).
Select toys are buy 1 get 50% off which can make for a really good deal combined with the coupons. I also received a homemailer catalog for Toys R Us with a $10/50 any purchase coupon attached, so I combined that too.

Now my deal didn't work 100% as planned as I didn't realize I had grabbed two toys that were $14.99 instead of $10.99 (can you tell I have girls and know nothing about action figure, they all looked the same price point to me, lol) My plan was as follows:

4 Transformers @ $10.99 (part of 50% sale)
1 Transformer @ 7.99
1 Transformer @ 9.99
=$61.94
-$10.99 - 50% off sale for 2 of the 4 $10.99 items
-$10/50 homemailer
-$30 - 6 $5 off manuf IP or tearpad
= $10.95 + tax for 6 toys

AND qualify for the Hasbro Transformer rebate here AND get the free Kreon figure from Toys R Us for buying $10 in Transformer products(listed in ad, cashier should have a box of these at register)!

Well, since I grabbed two $14.99 toys, my transaction looked more like this:
2 Transformers @ 14.99 (part of 50% sale)
2 Transformers @ $10.99 (part of 50% sale)
1 Transformer @ 7.99
1 Transformer @ 9.99
=$69.94
-$13 - 50% off sale
-$10/50 homemailer
-$30 - 6 $5 off manuf IP or tearpad
= $16.94 + tax for 6 toys

Not a bad deal and now I have a few more boy toys for birthdays and Christmas :)

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.  
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

4 comments:

Shuchi said...

This coupon says redeemable at target only. Will the still take it?

katycouponers said...

I am not sure, I know it is coded exactly like the tearpad coupons. I just had someone else inform me they had tons of tearpad coupons at her store and she did the deal :)

Rebecca said...

Do you know which store has the tear pads? The one on Katy Mills doesn't.

katycouponers said...

Rebecca,I found mine at the Sugar Land Toys R Us as well as the Sugar Land HEB.

Post a Comment