Friday, October 14, 2011

Randalls (Safeway) - A test on loadables


I was near a Randall's today so had to stop in to test a theory.
My theory pertains to ecoupons. My theory with Randalls (or Tom Thumb and Safeway affiliates) is as it has always been. You CANNOT combine with paper coupons BUT if memory serves, if you have multiples for the same item, they would all come off.
Well first off, you are asking, how do I get multiples? The answer LOAD ALL the coupons every time a new coupon load offer breaks! Worse case, you waste about 1 1/2 minutes of your time. Best case, you score a deal (which is what occurred tonight for me!).

Ok, so I stopped in to Randalls first to see if there were any hot new tearpads or blinkies, second to find any hot clearance deals and third to find if there were any hidden deals!  Well, as I have mentioned in the past, I load ALL the coupons bi-weekly to my Randall's Card.  It doesn't hurt me and only helps me.  Unlike Kroger, if I have a loadable at Randall's and choose to use a paper coupon it just VOIDS your loadables.  However, on occasion, multiple loadables will come off still on a single purchase!  That is what happened tonight.

I went in and purchased a loaf of Sara Lee 100% Whole Wheat bread 20 oz.
It was on sale for $1.99 and I knew I had 2 .50 off one loadables from Cellfire.  The reason I had both of these is because every two weeks I load ALL Cellfire coupons just in case I choose to use them(remember, unlike Kroger, I am NOT punished for loading them to my Randall's card)

So, I had 2 .50 off Sara Lee Wheat bread and BOTH came off today when I purchased one loaf!  So for .99 I got a 20 oz loaf of 100% Whole Wheat bread.
The Old El Paso refried beans were $1.19 and I had a .50 IP expiring soon.  I used this to get these for .19 after doubles.


Don't understand my lingo? Go here.   Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

4 comments:

M Smith said...

Tried Randalls for the first time today. Did the buy 2 cheetos/fritos, get 2 free. Did this deal twice and used two Pepsi coupon for free Pepsi Max WYB 2 cheetos. Also let us use a $1.00 off 2 Fritos. So for the price of 4 bags, less a dollar, we actually got 8 bags and 2 2-liters! Our total purchase was a 47% savings so I think we did alright.

Anonymous said...

Did you do one or two trans. Exactly how many coupons did u used.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I am laughing at myself right now. I kept looking at this post and thinking "if you had a $2.50 (I must be dreaming!) off bread coupon, why did you pay
.99?" I guess it's just too early for me. I caught on though!~TJ
PS-I have gotten to where I don't even think of doing the loadables & don't know why. I just forget about them. I need to make them a part of my daily couponing "routine". Thanks for reminding me!

katycouponers said...

Anon, I used 1 paper coupon for the refried beans and on the bread 2 loadable coupons came off.

Post a Comment