Saturday, October 15, 2011

HEB Run


Since there are so many HEB in store coupons at HEB I decided to stop in and test a few for trial sizes and to pick up a few items.  Here is how my order played out:

Ace Cold Compress $2.62
-$2 in store B coupon
=.62, pretty good to have for First Aid kit

Vicks vapordrops .99
-$1 P&G insert
=.01 overage

Nivea trial size bodywash .99
-$1 Nivea in store B coupon
=FREE (this coupon had to be manually entered, but the coupon does not exclude trial size)

Almay face wipes $4.48
-$3 peelie (beeped and had to be manually entered)
-$2.50 Almay in store B coupon
= $1.02 overage

Almay face pads trial size .99
-$2.50 Almay in store B coupon
=FREE (this coupon went in for .99 automatically, no beeps)

I wanted to also test the $1.75 Jergens coupon on the trial size lotion.  That B coupon just excludes the 3 oz but the trial size is a 1 oz.  The store I was in did not sell the trial size of Jergens though, so I will have to test this at another store.

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.  
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

11 comments:

Shuchi said...

Peter Pan?

katycouponers said...

Sorry to confuse about the Peter pan. I got it in case the almay 2.50 off coupon gave overage on the trial size, but it adjusted down to .99 so no overage.
I also got the Honey variety on a suggestion from a reader, said if I had that I would never go back, so I bought that. It was 2.49 and I didn't use a coupon but I did have a .50 from the All You magazine

Anonymous said...

Thanks ZM

Anonymous said...

Can I ask which HEB you went to to get these deals ZM?
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

The Jergens coupon worked at my H.E.B., but they adjusted it to the price. They do that for all the items. Which H.E.B. allows overages?

katycouponers said...

These were purchased at the HEB on Mason and Highland Knolls

Anonymous said...

were the almay peelies on the product at heb?

Anonymous said...

Where did the Peelie for the Almay come from?

katycouponers said...

I had a peelie from a while back in my binder. There were some peelies on various products but they were higher priced items.

Anonymous said...

Can you please tell me what is a "B Coupon?"

katycouponers said...

Anon, B coupons are coupons that can be found in stores attached to the shelves etc. According to HEB policy (found here: http://www.heb.com/page/weekly-ads/ads-coupons/coupon-policy) these can be combined with manuf coupons.
To see an example of a coupon with the B, go to this post http://katycouponers.blogspot.com/2011/10/hot-barilla-pasta-sauce-for-49-at-heb.html. Scroll toward the bottom picture and notice the B on the coupon

Post a Comment