Monday, March 5, 2012

HEB promotion - Reader Spotlight with some GREAT scenarios


Can you believe I didn't coupon this weekend? Well almost not the whole weekend. I did have to run to Randalls to get some drinks for my eldests birthday party but I didn't HEB all weekend due to having house guests. Well, when I checked my email this morning, I had a wonderful email from reader Raquel. She has put together 3 pretty awesome scenarios:

1st senario
4 (2.97) Olay bar soap (not all stores carry this 2 pack)
4 (2.14) covergirl eye shadow
1 (4.87) Olay facial cleansing cloths
1 (5.88) Olay body wash
Total: $31.19 before tax and coupons

- 4 $2.00 olay bar soap Q
- 4 $1.00 YQ (B) covergirl cosmetics
- 4 $1.00 covergirl cosmetics Q (Cover Girl manf. coupons always BEEP!)
- 1 $1.00 YQ (M) Olay facial cleansers
- 1 $5.88 Buy one Olay facial cleanser Get one body wash free
Total: $8.31 oop get $10 oynso
*All these products also qualify for the $15 rebate wyb $50 worth

2nd senario
2 ($4.87) olay facial cleansing cloths
2 ($5.88) olay body wash
4 ($2.14) covergirl eye shadow
Total: $30.06

- 2 $1.00 YQ (M) Olay facial cleansers
- 2 $5.88 Buy one Olay facial cleanser Get one body wash free
- 4 $1.00 YQ (B) covergirl cosmetics
- 4 $1.00 covergirl cosmetics Q
Total: $8.30 oop get $10 oynso
*All these products also qualify for the $15 rebate wyb $50 worth


For those looking to purchase diapers:

1 ($3.99) tampax pearl
1 ($9.47) pampers diapers
1 ($4.87) olay facial cleansing cloths
1 ($5.88) olay body wash
4 ($2.14) covergirl eye shadow
Total: $32.77

- 1 $1.00 tampax pearl Q
- 1 $1.50 pampers printable Q you listed on your blog
- 1 $1.00 YQ (M) Olay facial cleansers
- 1 $5.88 Buy one Olay facial cleanser Get one body wash free
- 4 $1.00 YQ (B) covergirl cosmetics
- 4 $1.00 covergirl cosmetics Q
- 1 $4.00 YQ (B) for buy Pampers and Always/Tampax together
Total: $11.39 oop before tax and get $10 oynso.
*All but the Pampers qualify for the $15 rebate wyb $50 worth

Note, the Yellow B Cover Girl and the M Olay facial product coupons both expire tomorrow 3/6.

Thanks Raquel for these awesome matchups!
*Update from KatyCouponer:  It seems I have overlooked a $3/2 Olay facial products coupon in the 2/12 RP.  That makes transaction #2 an extra $1 cheaper and since the $1 YQ expires today, no rush to run out to do it now
Also, it appears VERY important for you to use the $ off coupons BEFORE the bogo in the event your $ is less than the bogo item.  When I was doing my Swiffer run and they scanned the bogo first, the kit price came off.  For reader Kim using the $2 off soap Olay and bogo bodywash Olay, her bogo took off for the soap NOT the bodywash.


Don't forget to sign up for our coupon class being held March 10th.

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.  
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your help has been awesome. I followed Raquel and purchased 2 each olay cleanser($4.47) & bwash($5)-2 of each. I found 2 bottles of h&s shampoo m/d for $2.37ea. All of that will go towards $15rebate.
The rest of it was "fillers" to make $30. Bounce$2.07 (had $2/1 from tide box) charmin $1.49 (had $1/1 from mailer) floss X3=$2.88(had 3X .75/1 mailers) total was $11.73 oop. Today I plan on going back for 3 more cleansers, 3 more bwash and a eyeshadow. I figure I'll spend $10.55+tax, get $10cat & qualify for $15rebate.
thank you Stephenie:)
jamie in georgetown

Kim said...

I tried to do a deal this morning that included the buy olay facial cleansing cloths get the bodywash free, in the same transaction I had the olay bar soap. I used the $1 off cleansing cloths, the free body wash & the $2 off the bar soap. The register took the $2 off the body wash & gave me the bar soap for free. Which wasn't going to work cause the body wash was twice as much as the soap. Should I have given her the coupons a certain way to get it to work they said that it would always give you the cheaper one free. But the coupon didn't say bodywash or bar soap it said bodywash. Also on the covergirl it took the B coupon off before subtotal so you might want to allow for that when your adding up to get your $30 total.

Anonymous said...

Hey there on the senario listed below this is the order I gave the cashier my coupons:

- 4 $1.00 YQ (B) covergirl cosmetics
- 1 $1.00 YQ (M) Olay facial cleansers
- 4 $2.00 olay bar soap Q
- 4 $1.00 covergirl cosmetics Q
- 1 $5.88 Buy one Olay facial cleanser Get one body wash free.

I read on Stephanie's blog you had to give them the yellow q's first so that is why I did the coupons that way. hope this helps :)Raquel

1st senario
4 (2.97) Olay bar soap (not all stores carry this 2 pack)
4 (2.14) covergirl eye shadow
1 (4.87) Olay facial cleansing cloths
1 (5.88) Olay body wash
Total: $31.19 before tax and coupons

- 4 $2.00 olay bar soap Q
- 4 $1.00 YQ (B) covergirl cosmetics
- 4 $1.00 covergirl cosmetics Q (Cover Girl manf. coupons always BEEP!)
- 1 $1.00 YQ (M) Olay facial cleansers
- 1 $5.88 Buy one Olay facial cleanser Get one body wash free
Total: $8.31 oop get $10 oynso

Anonymous said...

I did the 2nd senario, hand out the YQ first, but they beep, so the casher checked all the coupons again and match each one, he said I can't use the YQ(M)Olay facial cleansers, and because the Covergirl YQ computer reduced the price, so I can't even get the $10 for next shopping -- according to their manager. :(. What would you do if this happen to you. Thanks.

katycouponers said...

Anon, when the stores are stubborn like this I return everything and either shop another store or shop during a different time of day. Cover Girl coupons ALWAYS beep at HEB so I actually handed those over first and told them they would beep so they were expected it and I just talked their ear off about how they ALWAYS beep and if they would look all my items were clearing $2+ so they usually push them through to get rid of me, lol

Anonymous said...

I handed the YQ first and when they beep I told the casher it's YQ he checked and said "hmm". When I didn't get the $10 coupon I went to the manager when he said the computer won't print becasue the YQ,I did mentioned that can I return everything and buy them to get the $10, the manager said "sorry you can't do that". It's just one of the bad day for couponing. But thank you so much for the answer.

Kim said...

You should call corporate, I returned the same items twice yesterday because the covergirl B coupon was throwing everything off, the mgr. helping me was very nice & you can too return your items. I asked this mgr. if he could force the catalina & he went & found out what the code was & did it. I'm sure he was ready to get rid of me, even tho I was being nice :o) & thanks for the advice Raquel going back now to try it.

Post a Comment