Sunday, March 25, 2012

HEB Gift Card promotion - Schick, Playtex, Banana Boat etc

I have been trying to find a GREAT way to do this promotion but to be honest there are not a lot of great coupons out right now for this deal going on at HEB. If you can find this yellow coupon, then you can get a free $10 gift card when you buy $25 worth of Energizer, Schick, Edge, Skintimate, Banana Boat, Hawaiian Tropic, Playtex Infant and Fem Care or Wet Ones.  There are a couple other yellow coupons that make this OK
Free Edge gel when you buy a Schick Hydro 5 Power, Hydro 5 or Hydro 3 Razor (M)
Free Skintimate gel when you buy a Schick Hydro Silk razor (M)
$1 off Playtex 32 count+

Here is what I ended up doing in 2 transactions
2 Playtex large boxes $7.67 each
2 Playtex small boxes $4.21 each
1 Playtex sport clearanced $2.10
=$25.86
-2 bogo Playtex insert 3-18 SS
-$1 Playtex YQ*

=$16.44 + tax
got a $10 gift card in transaction so final cost $6.44 + tax
*The YQ is for the bigger boxes but the second one beeped so my cashier would not take it.


2 Schick Hydro Silk razors $8.97 each
3 Skintimate gels $2.44 each
$25.26
-2 $4 Razor inserts 3-25 or 2-26 SS
-2 Free Skintimate wyb razor YQs
-.55 Skintimate insert 3-25 SS (for the one not free)
=$11.83 + tax
got a $10 gift card in transaction so final cost $1.83 + tax

 Don't understand my lingo? Go here.  
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question - do they automatically give you a $10 GC or do I need to give the cashier a blank HEB GC and prompt for the $10? Last year the cashiers at my local HEB were thoroughly confused with the $10 HEB GC that was part of the Energizer / ice cream deal - Thanks in advance, MercedesV

katycouponers said...

Great question, the first trans I dind't have a gift card so she had to go get one and charge it with $10 first and then it took off with the B coupon. Second trans. we just threw it into the transaction and it $10 came off with the B coupon

Anonymous said...

thank you for the scenerios! I have 2-p&g catalinas and COMPLETELY forgot about them. Sure was wanting to use 2-$1playtex coupons:( appreciate all your help-you rock!!
jamie in georgetown

Anonymous said...

I went and tried this deal and was told I had to be at $25 after coupons.. Is this correct?

Anonymous said...

Same scenario happen to me, I didn't get a GC. I went back and got the $10gc since I already had paid went back to customer service. Which the lady refused to give me GC since I paid $12 oop. I explained to her that qpons r like money they will get $, but refused. She called the manager and also refused to give me GC.

Anonymous said...

So basically u have the cashier charge the ten dollar gift card makig Ur total 35.26? Then brig the coupons on...?

katycouponers said...

anon 1, no the add at zip 78415 clearly shows to use coupons with scenario as all these prior promotions have allowed

anon 2
some stores are just not coupon friendly but slowly some of those are getting trained by diligent couponers that email corporate and "teach" the stores that we are not doing anything against the rules and are just smart shoppers

anon 3, yes, you prepay for the first $10 in essence, but after that, you can use that $10 gc to roll the deal each time so overally at the end you still have $10 to spend so all around a decent deal

Anonymous said...

Should I use my manufacturer coupons before or after the yellow coupons?

katycouponers said...

Anon, I have been giving the gift card coupon first, but I honestly don't think order matters in this case

Post a Comment