Thursday, September 8, 2011

Kroger Update - Coupon Policy and FAQ for Texas and Louisiana


There is quite a bit of misinformation floating around the internet and the blogosphere, so hopefully I can clarify some of this for everyone. I have been getting quite a few emails from readers about the new changes occuring in Kroger in DFW and so I inquired with my old contact at Kroger and got the information directly from them.
So, hopefully this will help clear up some of the confusion.
As most of you probably already know, Kroger put an end to double and triple coupons in the Greater Houston metro area(Kroger had a wider scope of what they considered Houston than most the residents and government do) on April 13, 2011. I posted about this news here, and here.
Some local bloggers were given the news before it was announced to the general public. It appears Kroger did not take this route this time around and chose to post a banner ad in their weekly online and in store ad, letting customers in affected areas know that come September 13th at midnight, their local Kroger stores will no longer double/triple coupons. I blogged about that here.

Now, I wrote Kroger for clarification as I am reading reports and inquiries as to what stores are being impacted by this most recent change. I can confirm now that there will remain 3 stores in Texas that will continue to double and triple coupons, but ALL other Texas Kroger will be redeeming coupons at face value only!
The three stores that will still be able to double/triple are in Aggieland. The 3 stores in the Bryan/College Station that is.
Here is the actual wording from the email from Kroger to me:
The discontinuance of the double-triple program applies toall of Texas (i.e. DFW, East Texas, greater Houston, etc.) with the exception of the Bryan-College Station area (we have 3 stores there and are keeping the program in place for competitive reasons).

Louisiana is part of the Southwest Division; however, the program will remain there. We operate different savings programs in Louisiana due to state laws.

Included in that email was a copy of the coupon policy for the Tx/La district as well as a FAQ attachment.  I highly suggest if you live in Texas or Louisiana and have plans to shop at Kroger you print these out and carry them with you.  I don't think all stores have been informed of some of the changes that have been made(shoot, I didn't even know of some of the changes)
For example, since the last time I received a written policy, Kroger has changed their policy on bog sales and coupons.  Did you know Kroger now clearly states they will accept a bogo coupon on a bogo sale making both items free? (#7 in the faq)
Other changes to note:
Kroger will accept other stores catalina manufacturer coupons (policy # 6.3)
Kroger now gives cash back on coupons or applies it to your basket purchase (policy # 9)
Kroger will not let you use two coupons on a bogo sale(policy #11 and faq #8)
Items returned will be refunded at the after coupon price. The coupon will not be returned to the customer.(policy #13, though I am unsure how they will know WHAT coupon was used on what item since they don't match up on the receipts???????)

Kroger DOES take coupons on mark down items (faq #6)

I hope this clears up some of the rumors and confusion around the new policies and guidelines for using coupons at Kroger. Happy shopping everyone :)

I cannot provide information on Kroger in other regions as all this information comes directly from the district office that operates the Southwest region which is Texas and Louisiana.

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.   Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

The links don't work :(

Sarah said...

Regarding to the policy and FAQ

katycouponers said...

sorry about that, they should work now

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

Thanks for that some of these new coupon policy's makes me not hate them as much. Though still a bit.

Post a Comment