Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dallas Kroger shoppers - Looks Like Double Coupons is ending for you now :(


If this is the first time you are reading this and you live in Dallas area, I am so sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It seems the "test" in Houston was a success for Kroger and now they are rolling out the end of doubles and triples in Dallas as well.
I am not sure if this is for all Dallas/Fort Worth as I first saw this reported on HCW and just did a generic search under a few zip codes. You might want to look for this banner at the top of page 4 of your ad in your zip code online.
It appears, College Station/Bryan does not have this banner, nor does Alexandria, LA, so perhaps LA is not being impacted yet either.  However, I doubt the region will stay separated for long if Dallas falls as well.

If you live in this region and want to share your displeasure, you can visit the Kroger Couponers facebook page or the BringBackDoubles website in hopes you can make a change.  Honestly though, it seems Kroger has not been listening to their customers, nor do they even answer with more than a canned response, if any at all :(

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.  
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

but krogers see those empty stores

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

Gah why why why does Kroger hate us so. I'm in Dallas, this seriously sucks.

GlennJ said...

Note was in my ad in FW as well - so likely hitting all Krogers in the Metroplex. :(

I figured this was coming, but had begun to get hopeful when my local Kroger wheeled out *NEW* double/triple coupon signs in their parking lot last week.

I probably won't completely boycott Kroger (it's just too close to my house to completely ignore it) but the local Safeway and Albertsons will be seeing A LOT more of my business.

Dealznstealz said...

Kroger did not give the DFW customers a heads up on ending double-triple coupons. As you are aware ads are planned up to 3 months in advance so Kroger chose not to have the courtesy of telling some of their most loyal customers in DFW. I am sad to hear the news of Kroger ending double triple coupons for the DFW area, we started Kroger Couponersgroup on facebook (almost 1,500 members) after Houston lost their doubles in April. Our group is made up of Kroger shoppers nationwide, there have been many coupon policy changes since Kroger heavily promoted the TLC EC show. Here is our action list, I hope we can work together to make our voices heard!! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=211635388896541&set=o.150822764981356&type=1&theater

Post a Comment