Saturday, September 4, 2010

Safeway - awesome Water/Charcoal deal!

My friend told me about the wonderful deal to be had on Kingsford Charcoal at Randalls. Well, yesterday I found a tearpad that really made this an AWESOME deal! Picked up a few more deals while there before my cellfire coupons expire on Tuesday.

Here is what I did:
2 Kingsford Charcoal $6.99 each -2 $4/2 cellfire - $4/2 MDA booklet = $1.98
2 Ozarka water 3.49 each - $3 off water wyb Kingsford tearpad = $.98
1 Hellman's $2.99 - $1 in ad coupon - 2 .50 cellfire - .50 MDA(does not double) = .49
2 Vlasic relish $1.89 each - 2 $1/2 cellfire - $1/2 MDA = .78
1 Wacky Mac $1 - .50 insert 5-16 SS = FREE
2 Old El Paso beans $1 each - 2 .50 IP(one doubles, no longer avail) - .60 shortcuts = -.10
1 Yakisoba $1 - .50 insert 8-29 SS = FREE
1 Huggies wipes $2.79 -$2 Randalls.com - .50 insert 8-22 SS = -.21
2 Cinnamon Toast Crunch $1.99 each - $1.25 50% sticker - $1 Kroger booklet = -.52
4 Pop Ups refills $1.99 - $1 50% sticker - $1 insert 8-8 SS = -.04
Paid $ 2.87

Earned a $2 oynso catalina for purchasing 2 Ozarka!
Will also earn .50 in my Upromise account for the Wacky Mac ecoupon.

16 comments:

Rachel said...

Which randalls did you go to for this trip? I can't ever seem to find wacky mac!!

katycouponers said...

I agree, the Wacky Mac is getting harder and harder to find. The I-10/Fry road store still carries one variety

The Jacksons said...

I can't find the charcoal e-coupon on cellfire. Did I miss my opportunity?

katycouponers said...

Jacksons - it should still be available thru Tuesday but perhaps they pulled it early?

Mary S. said...

What is Randall's policy regarding scanned prices being accurate? I recently got four cans of soup that should have been 1.33 ea and they charged me 1.99 ea. Do they just owe me the difference or do I get one or more of the cans for free? Thanks in advance.

katycouponers said...

mary, Safeway has a price right guarantee like Kroger, you get the first one free, the rest at face value. You might need to make them aware of the fact you know the policy though, as they try to just give the difference sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Can you tell me if the eCoupons come off if you shop on the day they're supposed to expire? I'm planning on going tomorrow, but have lots that are scheduled to expire tomorrow and was wondering if they'd come off?
-Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi! Can you please tell me where you found the $3 water tear pad? Thanks

Anonymous said...

Did you by any chance add one of the charcoal ecoupons under a different zip code outside of the greater Houston area, or maybe one under Safeway and one under Randalls (I don't know if that's possible)?
I always add ALL of the cellfire coupons available, I have doubles of just about all of the other coupons, but not the charcoal one, I have just 1-$4/2.
Thank you in advance if you are able to get to this question.

katycouponers said...

Anon, I did not change the zip. I logged in as usual and the coupon was there to load.

katycouponers said...

Anon, I found the tearpad on a beer display at Kroger. I found it on Friday(if that matters)

katycouponers said...

Mary, YES I often take advantage of the last day of cellfire and have not had an issue with them coming off.

~Hooked on Bargains~ said...

Sweet! I made out like a bandit today with the Charcoal and water deal, Tide Stain Release and more at Randall's! If you're looking for the $3 off Water coupon WYB Charcoal, I found it at HEB today! We dont have a Kroger, so I was happy to find it! I posted a picture of it on my blog if you want to know what it looks like. Also, heads up...I tried the Bisquick Catalina deal at HEB today and it did NOT print. I wonder if they fixed it? I went to customer service and they looked at the list of participating items and it wasn't listed. However, they were nice enough to force the print for me and give me the catalina and box tops. Hmm..anyone else having this problem? I'm in Austin.

katycouponers said...

Hooked, it worked for me again tonight. Perhaps your register's catalina was not working for the deal? Acording to their ad, all btfe items are participating so as long as it has an actual btfe you should be good. Make sure you only got the plain pouches as the flavored ones do NOT have btfe on them.

Sally said...

How many ct. should I get for the Huggies wipes ecoupon to come off?

katycouponers said...

Sally I don't have my wipes container in front of me but is is either 64, 72 or 80 count. I purchased the plain non fragrant wipes.

Post a Comment