Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Randalls run - hit or miss?

Ok, I have to admit, my deal was not roses and daisies, but perhaps you will have better luck. Not all my expected loadables came off. Not only that, but the advertised Arm & Hammer toothpaste deal did not ring up as advertised. There are also a few deals I am gonna tell you about that I was NOT prepared for since I cannot print most coupons from work.
Ok, so I am going to do this post slightly different. I was expecting quite a few more loadables to come off so I am going to attempt to post the items and prices and what potential loadables should be out there (if you have not consumed them yet, you might have multiples of each of these). In additon, I will try to list the best paper coupon available (and at least one alternate that is more readible accessible):
BC cookies $1.69 - .40 cellfire - .40 IP (or .50 peelie)

Progresso soups $1 cheapest(without 50% tag) - .50/2 cellfire - .50/2 shortcuts - .50/2 insert 8-8GM

Pillsbury Sweet Moments $2 - $1 cellfire - $1 shortcuts - $1 IP (or $1 insert 8-8GM)

Pillsbury crescents, grands and cinn rolls $1 each (buy 6 get $3 oynso cat) - .30/2 cellfire - .40/2 cellfire - .30/2 shortcuts - .40/2 shortcuts - .30/2 IP - .50/2 IP -.40/2 IP

Arm & Hammer toothpaste .49 each (after buy 3 part. items get $3 off) - .75 insert 6-20 or 8-22 SS = -.26

Other deals I saw, but didn't have my coupons ready for:
Welch's Healthy Start Juice $1.99 with in ad coupon - $1.50 loadable - $1.50 IP = -$1.01
Mission Chips $1.29 with in ad coupon - .55 cellfire - $1/2 tearpad = .48/2 if you have 2 cellfire

5 comments:

lmagee said...

I've gotten a little leary of doing the Randalls eQ deals. A couple of weeks ago, with paper Q's and eQ's I should have had a great run (many of the items due to multiple eQ's on the same product). However, at least 1/2 of my eQ's didn't come off and then customer service was reluctant to allow me to return them because SOME of the eQ's did come off. So a run that I had figured out would cost me about $10had an end result of $30. Huge difference!!!

Anonymous said...

ZM - I have never tried loading ecoupons before. Still haven't tried cellfire or SC yet.

Just attempted loading my randalls card with the randalls eQ for the first time.

1) Can you please give me some tips. Do you generally load all available coupons?

2) How long does it take for the cpn to be loaded on the card and ready to use at Randalls?

3) If I understood correctly, I can use the eQ and also the mfc cpn on the item.
If the eQ does not come off, what to do?

Thanks for answering all my questions...still confused...
Thanks a lot.

katycouponers said...

Anon, I do typically load all my coupons onto my card so if something is on sale when I am at the store, the coupon is already waiting for me. 2)Coupons should be ready right away, but I like to give it at least 1 hour just to assure it works. 3) yes, I use the loadables with a paper coupon for extra savings. The eq not coming off is a tricky one. Unless you use the uscan, you don't really know what did and didn't come off until after you pay and get your receipt. Then you have the choice of keeping the item anyway, returning the item(you might have issues since you used paper coupons -depends on how friendly your store is), or contacting shortcuts or cellfire to see if they will honor the coupon and add the savings to your card for your next trip
Hope this helps, also, there is a google link on my right upper column of the blog explaining ecoupons that might be of help to you

Anonymous said...

Hi ZM,

I tried leaving a msg earlier but I don't think it went through.

Wanted to report back on my shopping trip today.

Loaded the ecoupon from randall's website (Welch's cpn), but it didn't come off at the end of the transaction.

Not sure why it didn't work, maybe cuz in order to get the Welch's sale price of $1.99, I had to give the randall's cpn from the flyer, and I also used the printable cpn of $1.50 (maybe maxed out the number of cpns can be used for one item)....
I did load the ecoupon properly and loaded it 2 days ago and it showed as being available.
But the price of 45cents for the welch's juice is still a good one.

Also noticed that the Barilla Piccolini is on sale for $1 each. Traded cpns for 75cents off 1, so 25cents each after cpn was a good deal. Even with the cpn we got from our inserts (55cents off 1), the Barilla is not a bad price either.

Thanks for the blog!

Anonymous said...

About the e coupons not coming off...do you think it's mostly the shortcuts, or the cellfire qs that are not coming off?
Also, do you scan your card right at the beginning, before any items are scanned? I'm thinking this helps to make sure that you get all of your e coupons. I have given them my card first, in the past, and had good luck. But recently, I haven't used any e coupons. Jennifer

Post a Comment