Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kroger Clearance and HOT news on Double/Triple Coupons!


I have heard a few rumors that Kroger stores in Texas were now doubling and tripling unlimited coupons. WHAT!!!!! You know I couldn't sit on that information without testing it out myself.
Well, I headed out and wanted to test something that was free and would not cost me much out of pocket if the coupon didn't triple. I picked up 4 Mahatma packets of spanish rice(sorry, forgot to add in picture) @ .85 each. I used 4 .50 coupons from 8-29 RP and ALL four did in fact double(up to .85)
I don't know if this is a glitch or if this is going to be a new policy for the Kroger here, but this is definitely going to change the game!

While at Kroger, I found a great clearance sale on some games. These will go great in the gift closet for all those birthday parties my girls will get invited too. Sorry I don't remember the price on each game as the receipt just says game. One was $3.59, one was $5 and one was $6.25.
The Cars desk/chair combo was only $12.50 (from $49.99)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

which kroger did you go to?

FD said...

Wow! This would be awesome! Let's hope it's not just a glitch. *fingers crossed*

Shuchi said...

Which kroger did you shop at for the games?

Shawn M. said...

Wow, unlimited dbl & tpl q's...that's great! It's always such a pain in the you-know-what to make multiple transactions. Now maybe we wont have to. Let's hope this sticks around for a long time.

katycouponers said...

This was at the Kroger Marketplace on Grand Parkway

qrazyguy said...

I thought it was the cashiers who enforced the "3 like" rule, the ones around here (mainly the Edloe store) won't even let me use more than 3, much less double them. They would never even attempt to scan them for me. So even if the registers will now allow it, my cashiers will have to actually be told this before I'm ever able to take advantage of this.

Anonymous said...

My Kroger has always double and tripled ALL my coupons. I've never had a problem with "3 like" or any limit.

Anonymous said...

At my local Kroger it was the system that would only double/triple up to 3. It would be nice to be able to have more than 3 like coupons triple/double, but I rarely have that many like coupons.
Just a little fyi, the Kroger in Meyerland has really cracked down on internet printed coupons as of the last time I shopped there about a month ago. I guess some people have been cheating with internet coupons. Also, a week ago I tried using internet coupons from coupons.com/"bricks" at the CVS on 518/288 and they said no internet printed coupons, they said they were coming up flagged, and I don't copy coupons, I like using them too much to lose the savings. Just a little heads up to anyone in the area.

Daniela6968 said...

I went to two Mesquite, TX stores and 4 q's doubled. When this gets out, will probably have to wait til the q almost expires because the stores will really be wiped out. Hopefully the shelf clearers will have run out by then.

Anonymous said...

Just read a post on another page that this is a glitch and they are trying to fix it. Can you confirm?

katycouponers said...

Anon, I did not go to Kroger so I did not test today, but I would not be suprised if it is a glitch (as I suspected when I posted it)
Too bad it couldn't happen during a mega event

Post a Comment