Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reader Spotlight: Better than Free Canned dog food at Kroger


Two readers contributed to this post.
Thanks Jenifer to the deal and thanks Sandy for the picture of her haul.

Apparantly the Pedigree Plus dog food cans are on Daytona sale at Kroger for .70 when you buy 10 participating items.  There happens to be a concurrent oynso catalina going for Pedigree Plus
(Buy (4) Pedigree Plus canned dog food, 13.2 oz. cans and get a $1.00 Catalina coupon good on your next order. End date?????? 06/18/2011 Thanks QOTH)
Edit: I do not know when the end date of the catalina is?  There is no reference to go by other than 1 reader emailed this to me last night and another did it this morning and emailed me the pic.  

Well, lucky for you Kroger shoppers, there is also a bogo insert coupon in the 6-19 RP.  Now, if you store puts the coupon in for the $1 ring up price, you can turn this into a small money maker.  Even if they don't, though, it could make for a pretty decent deal.

I won't tell you how many the readers got, lol, but the least common multiple of 10 and 4, is 20, so to optimize this deal(assuming you are not buying other Daytona items) would look something like this:

20 cans @ $1 =  $20
-10 bogo inserts* -$10
-2 Daytona        - $ 6
Cost at register:  $4 BUT earn 5 $1 oynso for a profit of $1.

*if cashier insists on putting in the value AFTER Daytona of .70, you would pay $7 at register and still get $5 back making your cost $2 for 20 cans or .10 a can.

This would make a great donation item if you don't have a dog.  Consider a local animal shelter or a rescue group like AnimalRescueKingdom

Thanks again reader Jenifer and Sandy for emailing this great deal for those doggy lovers.

Edit to add: apparantly other regions of Kroger have started enforcing a 3 like coupon policy, however everything I have read about Tx, this is NOT part of the policy.

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.    
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

One thing about Kroger is that you would only be able to use three like coupons per transaction (according to their coupon policy which my Kroger enforces). So, this deal would have to be broken up AND other Mega deal items purchased to make it work. Just FYI. I love when deals are posted but they need to be in compliance with THAT stores policy or its misleading.

katycouponers said...

Anon, from what I have been told Kroger here just did away with doubles and triples, but the last policy Kroger sent me did not have a limit on like coupons.

adria said...

I have done the deal with 5 coupons or more at the same time and they don't say anything and I even had them put the coupon in for 1.19 the price before Mega I guess... I don't think they enforce it that much here.and BTW.. even though I qualified I think for more than 2 catalina's at a time.. The most I got was 2 in one transaction. IDK

Colie's Kitchen said...

*SIGH* I miss those days... I haven't been in a Kroger in 3 months! Great finds!!

katycouponers said...

Adria, I don't think that 3 limit has trickled into Houston area, but I have read on the boycott facebook group that other areas are getting these limits. Since I am not on speaking terms with my former contacts at kroger, I am relying on the mod of HCW to update the coupon policy as it changes. Currently I do not see such a limit on her email from 6/15 to corporate: http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/kroger-texas-louisiana/416684-general-coupon-policy-kroger-tx-la-region.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for responding to my comment and I stand corrected on the corporate policy. I found out my situation with my local Kroger's is specific to that store.

I called the Kroger's on the Gulf Freeway in League City and Dickinson and they told me they enforce the three like coupon limit regardless of the corporate policy. The managers told me that it is up to each store manager's discretion to decide that specific store's "action" on corporate coupon policy. (I know--I know)

I am glad that other Krogers seem to be in compliance with corporate. Happy Shopping!

katycouponers said...

Anon, sorry if I came across "tart" I really wish Kroger would post a policy online instead of everyone blindly having to go in. Also, since they post it can be changed at any time with no notice, it is rather difficult for shoppers to keep up with all the changes and differences in policies per region. I can see your frustration as well in that every store is basically a monarchy based on the mood of that manager! grrr.

Good luck out there and I hope you can find a Kroger that follows the Southwest policy and not made up rules :)

erika said...

Just went to Krogers to get this deal I guess it went good...... so I got 20 cans got to the register and handed the cashier 10 BOGO coupons. She insisted on the Krogers card first and then I did handed her my card she scaned the card and then she stared on the coupons the price before the Daytona sale are $1.35 so she started to punch in the same amount she got about 4 of the coupons done when she notice the max amount was $1.19 then she continued to do the rest at that amount well at the end my total was just $1.19 not bad but that was not my the dissapointment it was that no catalinas printed out and the cashier nor the manager could do anything about it because its not the store that makes them print out hope this helps someone :)

katycouponers said...

erika, call catalina 1-888-826-8766 with your receipt handy. They should be able to send them to you via snail mail

Post a Comment