Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Kroger - Mega sale - Sort of


I don't know if it is just me, or if everyone agrees the Kroger mega sales have really gone downhill. I was hoping for a GREAT ad to price match at Walmart, but I have to say, the last at least 5 mega sales at Kroger have been lacking.
Well, since I do read up still and I do have a close friend that is still shopping Kroger, I will post the matchups I have read (thanks to SD) and the ones said friend was kind enough to email to me to make sure this post is mostly complete (don't worry, I will keep you anonymous friend, lol)

Anyway, for those of you that have NO clue what I am talking about when I say mega sale, here is the 411. Kroger has these sales with select items participating(they are supposed to be specially marked in stores, but not all stores seem to actually mark everything). You buy 10 of the said participating items and they take $5 off your purchase instantly.  You can do multiple groups of 10 in the same transaction but you want to be sure you don't miscount!  If you are off by 1 it can cost you the full $5 off and an annoying wait at the customer service desk.

So, for ease of posting, I am going to list the AFTER mega price on the items I would deem noteworthy.  Keep in mind, the item will ring up at the register for .50 more and the $5 will come off when the cashier hits the total button ($5 will come off for each group of 10 participating items you purchase) .

Reach toothbrush .99
*multiple coupons out there best being $2.50/2 (this requires purchase of 2 different items so you would have to combine with floss to use coupon correctly)  Also several $2/2, or $1 off.  Go here to search database
Final cost: AS good as $1.02 profit on 2 (must buy 1 floss with 1 toothbrush for this coupon!)

Reach floss .49
*see toothbrush post, using 2.50/2 is best deal, but many other coupons in database listed above
Final cost: AS good as $1.02 profit on 2 (must buy 1 floss with 1 toothbrush for this coupon!)

Aunt Jemima frozen breakfast items $1.49
-$1 facebook IP
Final cost: .49

Bagel Bites $1.49
-$1 IP
Final cost: .49

Tombstone Pizzas $2.98
-Free Homemailer from rebate(no longer available, but if you read me you might have done this rebate for a free pizza wyb a Hasbro game)
Final cost: As good as .50 Money maker

Colgate Wisp $1.49
-.75 peelies or .50 Ips(no longer available)
Final cost: Potential money maker
*Apparantly some report finding these on close out for $1.19 before mega, making them .69 after mega.  Combine with peelies or Ip to get them cheap/free, then get $1.50 oynso for each 2 you purchase.  I have NO clue how long this catalina promotion goes for.

Kraft mac and cheese microwave cups .50
-$1/5 tearpad
Final price: 5/$1.50 or .30 each

Kraft boxed max and cheese .81*
-.25 Fiesta booklet coupon
Final price: as low as .06 for those with triples still
(I am not sure if this is the Tx pricing or not, for those in Houston with these coupons, Randalls has this box for .89 so decent deal with triples there)

A few added deals thanks to reader GlennJ(located in DFW so has the luxury of doubles/triples still)

Lipton 100% Natural 20oz Teas @ 50¢
- free IPs or B1G1 IPs ==> free or MM

Pasta Roni (Rice Roni also in mega) @ 62¢
- $1/2 cutout Qs from box (got these from previous Mega in March/April) => 12¢ each
Also have seen some B2G1 peelies reported...

Colgate Toothpaste 6oz (sel. varieties) @ 99¢
- 50¢/1 insert Q => free if store doubles
**I list this not to rub it in the face of you Houstonians, but b/c I suspect there may also be some 75¢/1 or $1/1 Qs out there

Classico Pasta Sauce @ ~$1.80
-$1/2 IPs (from Classico site) x2
=> pay $5.20 OOP and get $1 OYNO cat (so about $1.05 each when factoring in cat)

- Not Part of Mega -
**If** your store still doubles there were also tons of freebies in the candy section (Nestle and Mars varieties on sale for 50¢ each). I think even if your store doesn't double there is a Kroger eQ for $1.19/3 Nestle Crunch.

Thanks Glenn, as always, your contributions are very much appreciated.

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.   Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

4 comments:

GlennJ said...

So... this is the first Mega I have really been excited by in a while(as someone in DFW who has not joined the boycott as yet). I went on my first of many planned runs today and let me add a few other good deals to your list (DFW prices after Mega).

Lipton 100% Natural 20oz Teas @ 50¢
- free IPs or B1G1 IPs ==> free or MM

Pasta Roni (Rice Roni also in mega) @ 62¢
- $1/2 cutout Qs from box (got these from previous Mega in March/April) => 12¢ each
Also have seen some B2G1 peelies reported...

Colgate Toothpaste 6oz (sel. varieties) @ 99¢
- 50¢/1 insert Q => free if store doubles
**I list this not to rub it in the face of you Houstonians, but b/c I suspect there may also be some 75¢/1 or $1/1 Qs out there

[seen this next one reported but haven't bought yet]

Classico Pasta Sauce @ ~$1.80
-$1/2 IPs (from Classico site) x2
=> pay $5.20 OOP and get $1 OYNO cat (so about $1.05 each when factoring in cat)

- Not Part of Mega -
**If** your store still doubles there were also tons of freebies in the candy section (Nestle and Mars varieties on sale for 50¢ each). I think even if your store doesn't double there is a Kroger eQ for $1.19/3 Nestle Crunch.

There were some other 'decent' deals, but I don't want to bog you down with details that are probably of minimal interest to the minority of your readers who currently still shop Kroger.

Anonymous said...

Kelloggs cereal is not part of the mega sale and it is on sale for $1.99. I was able to buy ones with the cars2 logo and use the $5 off 5 boxes that was previously available on www.coupons.com. Makes it a great deal!!!

Anonymous said...

So, if you try to price match at Wal-mart, do you have to get ten items? I can see my wal-mart balking at the whole idea.

The only thing I noticed that was unadvertised at my Kroger was their brand of Ro-tel which came to .19 a can at my store (in the Delta region). Great price for something that we use a lot of.

Kelly Greenawalt said...

There are a few more good deals:

Johnson's Baby Bedtime Lotion, 9 oz, is on close out for $1.59. It's included in the mega which makes it $1.09 when you buy ten qualifying items.

Johnson's has an IP on their site for $2/2 Bedtime Products. Which makes these $.9 each wyb2.

Also Dixie Paper plates are $1.99 - .50 mega and in my store they have $3 worth of coupons enclosed, including one for .50 off the plates! Which makes them .99 if you don't mind digging out the coupon before you check out. There are also .50 coupons for Napkins too which makes them .99!

Post a Comment