Sunday, July 17, 2011

Randalls - A few Clearance Finds - potential Money Maker

I went to Randalls yesterday to test the loadables and that was an odd experiment I will get to in a moment. But as is my custom, I checked out the clearance rack and found the following two items (multiples of each I might add)


Well, I went to the regular aisle and noticed Kashi is on sale for $2.99 this week.   Well then, that would make these boxes just $1.49 each.  What is even better, is you can get $2 off any Kashi item coupons with your earned points from Recyclebank.
Well, since the boxes will ring up $2.99 first, the $2 coupon should work beeplessly making for .51 OVERAGE on each box!!!!! SWEET (these were found at the Randalls on Fry and I-10 and I didn't buy any because I didn't have the coupons with me).  Good luck to someone that lives close by there.

Ok, so the loadables were interesting.  I wanted to test them out at a store that has uscan so I would know what what coming off and what wasn't.  Well, I am still not too sure I know the answer to that question, as the register was very odd and the shear fact that I had loadables on all the items, they seemed to want to cancel one another out.
I had both Cellfire and Shortcuts coupons for each item.

I first scanned a box of Fiber One 90 calorie bars @ $1.99.  I had 3 .40/1 loadables and 2 of those came off.

Then I scanned a box of Nature Valley granola thins @1.99.  I had 4 .50/1 loadables and 2 of those came off, but then the register "voided" the 2 .40 from the Fiber One bars (like it does when you use a paper coupon when you have loadables, but it should not have cancelled those off?)

Then I scanned 2 boxes of Betty Crocker fruit snacks @ .99 each.  I had 3 .50/2 loadables and 2 of those came off.

Then the computer got really weird.  When I scanned the 3rd box of fruit snacks(the fifth item for the $5 off 5 promo, the $5 came off)  But when I scanned the 6th box, it looked like the computer voided off the $5 savings and 1 .50 savings.  Looking at the receipt though, it appears the items did ring up for the after promo price. 
On my second set of fruit snacks though, it shows a $2 savings in ecoupons and the first two boxes show $1 in ecoupon savings?  This is what really has be baffled as I know I only had $1.50 worth of ecoupons for the fruit snacks!  Super weird for sure and I think it is gonna take more trial and error to determine what these ecoupons are doing.

From my receipt, I seem to have paid $1.99 for the Fiber One 90 calorie bars (guess I could have used my .40 IP to save on that one since no ecoupons are listed under that)

The Nature Valley granola thins cost me .99 (2 ecoupons for .50 each came off and stayed off)

The BC fruit snacks cost me $1.96 for 4 boxes(savings of $3 in ecoupons???)

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.   Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment