Monday, February 7, 2011

Woo Hoo - Awesome 2nd run at CVS - Hidden Money Maker!!!!!!


Ok, for those of you that took our class, Courtney explained how most clearance deals do NOT work for ECBS at CVS. However, this one totally WORKED and Courtney is gonna be jealous she took this week to vacation ;P

This is a hot deal and I cannot guarantee it will last all week. Court is the CVS expert (at least my point of contact. I know when Wags finds these glitches they fix them quickly, not sure about CVS????)

Anyway, I went for the Garnier hairdye and before I shopped I scanned my card (TWICE!!!!! remember?)
I rounded out my purchase based on the HOT CRT coupons I received:
I received a $3/10 cosmetic purchase and a $3 off any Revlon purchase.
Well, since there was a $4 ECB deal on a Revlon item costing $6.99, I knew I could make that work with the 2 $3 CRT coupons.

Here is how my transaction played out:

6 Garnier herbashine clearanced $3.99 each - $3 Ip (sort by personal care) or insert 1-9SS or 11-7 RP
Cost at register = $5.94
Earn $10 ECB for buy $20 worth of Garnier
Final price = PROFIT $4.06!!!!!

2 Sally Hansen hard as nail $3.39 x 2 - 1.70 (buy 1 get 1 50% off sale)
-2 $1 insert 1-9 RP
-$3/10 cosmetic CVS coupon (combined with Revlon purchase below)
Cost at register = $0.08

1 Revlon lipstick $6.99
-$1 insert 1-16 SS
-$3 Revlon product
Cost at register = $2.99
Earn $4 ECB for buying Revlon
Final price = -$1.01

1 Funyons .99 (so I wouldn't waste $1 on my $10 ECBS)

AND if you can believe it, my total was ZERO after spending 1 $10 ECB! (WOW, I was a bit shocked too how precise I got this one)

Got back $10 for the Garnier and $4 from the Revlon for a $4 profit

Woo Hoo!!!!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

OMG I am jealous that I'm on vacation and missing all the awesome deals!!
If the clearance works once it will work all week, cvs doesn't ever stop the clearance from working twords the ecb deals if they work initially. If that makes any sense.
Maybe my store will have some when I get home?!?! :)

Catintx said...

Today only. Select Maybelline 24 hour color stay lip colors are 50% offs. Buy 3 for about $16.20, use 3 $2 man cpns, $3/10 store, get $5 ECB. If you can join beauty club, use your 10% off. $.58-$2.20 for 3 of these things. Wish I could do (only have one man coupon).

Post a Comment