Monday, January 10, 2011

Randalls - Wow! I found an oatmeal suprise! YMMV

Well, I didn't think I was gonna make it out shopping tonight, but my husband said I should go since I was stuck inside all day with our sick kiddo.  I have to say I was super excited when I stumbled upon this deal at the store and as I started to get this post up it dawned on me, shoot, I could have turned this into a HUGE moneymaker!!!!!!  Oh well, just happy I got practically free Oatmeal, lol. (can't win them all)

Ok, so I went to Randalls to get more fruit snacks mentioned here, the Pasta Roni mentioned here, and my Swiss Miss cocoa with the $2 printables mentioned here(no longer available).
Well, I noticed a sign up in the card aisle for a $5 oynso catalina wyb 3 Hallmark cards (99c cards do not qualify).  Lucky for me, this store has a HUGE section of $1.49 cards.

Then, as usual for me, I checked the clearance table to see if there was anything I just could live without and that is when my heart started racing.  I was so excited to find this deal, it didn't even occur to me to run out to my car and get my $1/1 Quaker oatmeal coupons(grrrr)
Anyway, the Quaker oatmeal pictured was all on the clearance rack with 50% stickers.  They were marked for $3.99 each and each sticker took $1.99 off (for some reason cashier had to manually enter the 1.99, if the computer had done it, it would have taken off $2).  Well, the Quaker Oatmeal just so happens to be buy 1 get 1 free this week, so my oatmeal looks like this on my receipt:
13 @ 3.99 = $51.87
13 @ 0 = 0
- 26 @ 1.99 = -$51.74
Final cost for oatmeal: 0.13 for 26 boxes!!!!
(had I been thinking, I could have used up to 13 $1/1 coupons from the 1-2 RP to turn it into a mm- see what happens when you have a sick kid for 3 days :P )

Also, some of the rest of my receipt looks odd.  I got extra savings I was not counting on.

I purchased the Swiss Miss cocoas @ $1.50 each and the coupons took the full $2 off.

I purchased the 5 fruit snacks and used the .50/2 insert and the $1/3 printable and 2 .50/2 loadables came off????  I thought I already used my loadables and since I used paper coupons for all the snacks, I don't think the loadables should have come off.  Even crazier is I got $1 off for the one box I found with a 50% sticker since they originally ring up $1.99!
So for those, my breakdown looked like this
5 @ .99 = $4.95
-2 .50/2 cellfire?
-.50/2 insert (doubles)
-$1/3 Ip
-$1 from 50% tag
final cost: .95 and earned $3 oynso

And finally, I did confirm the b3 get 1 rice a roni coupon does take off the full $2!
So you buy 4 @ .88 each - $2 = $1.12/4 or .28 each
YIKES, In my haste to get done(it was almost midnight) I made a coupon mistake and picked up the wrong noodles, sorry about that guys, guess I was too tired to shop :O

*Note, I rang the cards up separately so I could use the $3 oynso catalina from the fruit snacks to pay less oop.  Paid $1.59 + $3 and got back $5 (this catalina deal expires 2-14)

So final tally:
1.02 oop + $1.59 oop -$5 oynso earned = PROFIT of $2.39!

Hope you can find the oatmeal too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you able to used the Pasta Roni on the Knorr noodles you brought?

Anonymous said...

You have pictured Knorr Pasta Sides not Rice a Roni Pasta Roni that the coupon is for, what am I missing??

Anonymous said...

I went this afternoon and scored 9 of the fruit snacks marked down 50% (yay!!) The scan .99cents each, then the computer takes off $1each (for the 50%off) huh??
I paid $1.51 for my first transaction (threw in a .89c coffeemate-.55Q and 3X$1.99 cards) and they paid me a nickel for my second (threw in a box that wasn't 50%off) walked out with 2x$3cats and 1x$5cat-thank you!!
jamie

Anel said...

Hey Stephanie, which Randall's did you go to?
I went to the one in Copperfield but they didn't have any of the oatmeal on clearance however they did have yoplait yogurt on clearance for $.25ea so I ended up getting 20 yogurt cups for $2.50 after coupons and still get that $2cat. I also found yoplait spitsclearanced $1.15 so I ended up getting 2 for $1.79 after coupon and the go-gurts and yoplait trix were clearanced $1.50 I got 4 for $2 after coupons.
Most have an expiration date of January 17 but my kids have already eaten all the trix yogurt and I'm using the vanilla flavored cups in recipes for desserts. Also I have found that yogurt lasts for about an extra week after expiration if you freeze it first.
Anyway, let me know which Randalls you went to and maybe I can score some oatmeal too. btw, thanks for sharing this blog with all of us

Mel said...

Okay, this is the second time that I have gone to Randalls and they have told me I can not use more than one internet printable. So with the fruit snacks they would not allow me to use both coupons, has anyone else had this problem? I am wondering which Randalls I should shop at since mine, the New Territory one in Sugar Land will not let me do the deals. Does anyone know where I should go? Thanks for your help!

katycouponers said...

Jamie, the fruit snacks are $1.99 then .99 if you buy 4 but register calculates that AFTER the 50% has been scanned., that is why you got the $1 off each one, good job!!!

Anel, this was the Randalls on Mason and HK in Katy.

Mel, that store got new management that does not understand coupons, go the the Williams Trace store, much friendlier

Post a Comment