Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Free Online Federal Income Tax Software - regardless of your income


Make over $31,000 last year? Don't have a military background?
Well, the good news is you can still do your taxes FREE online!!! I used the Turbo Tax last year and it was super easy and did not cost me a dime.
Or, if you prefer H&R Block is offering their program free too. I have no personal experience with their website so I really cannot tell you how they compare.
I can tell you, I have used the Turbo Tax and was able to get through it even when my husband was a contract employee and I had to account for crazy receipts and deductions.  You do have to keep in mind they are in the business to make money so intermittenly throughout the program, they will ask you to upgrade versions for a fee.  This are completely optional and you do not have to upgrade.

2 comments:

mel said...

How were you able to file with deductions and schedule c with the free version? The website says you can't

katycouponers said...

Mel, I have not done my taxes yet this year because I have not gotten everything in yet, but I used it last year and it was free even with deductions and multiple w-2s and a bunch of other random schedules.

Post a Comment