Sunday, January 30, 2011

Kroger Mega deal run - needed water for the class


I went to Kroger yesterday to run a quick Mega deal because we wanted water for the coupon classes today. Well, I have to say I was pretty happy with my deal although I did forget completely about the Kleenex catalina (I seriously need sleep, lol)

This is what I ended up doing(all prices listed are after the mega savings:

Zantac tablets $5.50 
-$5 insert 11-14 SS
Final cost : .50 each
$1.79 Garden of Eatin’ Tortilla Chips 
- $1 IP
 Final cost = .79 each

$2.50 Advil tablets
-$2 IP
Final cost = .50 each

.75 Honest Tea 
-.50 IP
Final cost =  PROFIT .25

$.99 Kleenex tissues 
-$1 insert 1-2 SS (I got mine in trade)
Final cost = PROFIT  .01


$2.99 Ozarka Water (not pictured because I left it in car to take to class)
Final cost = $2.99 each

Not part of mega:
.88 Softsoap
-.35 Pharmacy booklet coupon
Final Cost = FREE

$3.89 Natures Bounty vitamins (on bogo sale)
-$2 Pharmacy booklet coupon
Final cost = .11 PROFIT

$2.89 Sundown Vitamins (on bogo sale)
-$2 Pharmacy booklet coupon
Final cost = $1.11 PROFIT


Final Cost = $11.79 
Received back a $2 oynso cat for purchasing at least 7 Kleenex and a $5 oynso catalina for purchasing at least 4 Ozarka waters.
Making final cost $11.79 - $7 = $4.79

Some of my other matchups can be found here.
 

11 comments:

Casey said...

Question - How do I know when will Kroger do double coupon deal?

katycouponers said...

Krogers doubles everyday

Christy Cree said...

Went to do the mega today and got home to relize 2 items were not part of the deal...have you ever taken something back to switch them and gotten the $5 back?

katycouponers said...

Yes, just take your receipt with you and they should be able to help you

Courtney said...

Those chips look yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

FYI...the Dixie plates are $1.49(on mega deal) and there are $1 Q's in the football books from Safeway...Pretty good deal with the overage from the honest tea = .25 cents for a pack of plates!

Casey said...

Thanks Stephanie!
Is that the same thing for Randalls?

katycouponers said...

Casey, yes Randalls doubles and triples everyday as well, but they will only double/triple one like coupon per transaction.

katycouponers said...

Anon, actually the Dixie coupon in the Football book states family size package and those are not on the mega sale

Hollie @ Happy Couponing said...

Not sure if you posted this already but here goes.....

Be on the lookout for the "Christmas-e" Coffee-Mates clearanced to $1.04, buy 4 & earn a $3 CAT plus use the 55¢ (11/14 RP, exp 02/06) or $1/2 (01/30 RP) coupons to make this a money-maker!

Purina Whisker Lickin's Cat Treats are 50¢, after Mega, use the $1/2 in 01/30 RP to get them FREE.

Kettle Chips are $1.29, after Mega, use the $1 coupon in 01/30 RP to get them for 29¢

Purina Beggin' Strips & Busy Bone are both $2.99, after Mega, use the BOGO in 01/23 SS & the $1 12/12 SS to get them BOTH for 99¢!

Happy Shopping!
Hollie

Unknown said...

Ok I miss the coupon books everytime I never see any at my Kroger :(
I will trade someone some Randalls books if they send me some from Kroger!

Post a Comment