Thursday, December 9, 2010

Walgreens - Loving the 4 day sale!


Walgreens has some really GREAT stuff you can score during their 4 day sale that goes through Saturday. Firstly, they have Super Jingle Cash (register rewards) this week. Spend $25, get $5, spend $50, get $10, spend $75, get $15 and spend $100, get $20! (this prints as one RR based on your total PRE coupon purchase and are only valid to redeem 12-12/12-18)

Well, naturally, I was wanting to find anything that would be cheap or free after coupons first to boost my total. I also wanted to do SOME RR deals so I will have something to pay those pesky out of pockets. Well, this weeks ad is SMOKIN with deals, so first I am going to list the matchups I see that you can make work for you, then I will post my scenario and if I am still awake(lol) I will post some possible scenarios you can run. Hopefully this post will be helpful but it will look a bit different because I am going to try to give you extra info.

Snickers Nutcracker singles 3/$1
-$2/3 insert 12-5 RP
Cost oop = $0 for 3 or 6 (depends on your store if they adjust coupon or not, you can get 3 or 6 free per coupon)
$1 or $2 counts toward Super Jingle cash with no out of pocket(depends on your store)

Bufferin Aspirin 130 count $5.99
- $3 insert 10-17 SS
- $3 Dec Wags booklet
Cost oop = -.01
$5.99 counts toward Super Jingle cash with no out of pocket
GREAT donation item!!!!

Scotch precision scissors $7.99-$8.29
-$5 - $5.30 in ad coupon page 15 of weekly ad (depends on pre coupon price at your store)
-$1 IP
Cost oop = $1.99
$7.99-$8.29 counts toward Super Jingle cash with $1.99 out of pocket
(What couponer has TOO many scissors?)

Splenda with Fiber $2.99 (not all stores carry this variety)
-$2 insert 11-7 RP
Cost oop = .99
$2.99 counts toward Super Jingle cash with $.99 out of pocket

Cortaid Max Strength 1% cream $3
Earns $3 MIR
Cost oop = $3
$3 counts toward Super Jingle cash with $3 out of pocket


Afrin .5 oz $5
-$3 IP 
Cost oop = $2
$5 counts toward Super Jingle cash with $2 out of pocket

Revitalens 10 oz $7.99
-$4 IP or 12-5 RP
Earn $2 RR
Cost oop = $3.99 at register but $1.99 after RR
$7.99 counts toward Super Jingle cash with $1.99 total out of pocket

In Memory greeting cards .49 each
Buy 6 Earn $5 RR
Cost = $2.94 at register, but earn $5 RR
$2.94 counts toward Super Jingle cash with $2.94 out of pocket

Hallmark tissue paper .99 each
-$3.94 in ad coupon wyb 6 (page 15 weekly ad)
Earns $5 RR
Cost = $2 at register but earn $5 RR
$4.95 counts toward Super Jingle Cash with $2 out of pocket

John Frieda stylers $3.59 clearance
-bogo 50% weekly sale
-$2 insert 12-5 SS
Cost oop: $1.38 PER 2 (assuming you buy in groups of 2 and use 2 insert coupons)
$7.18 counts toward Super Jingle Cash with $1.38 out of pocket

Walgreens diapers $8.99
-bogo weekly sale
-$1 IP
Cost = $6.99 per 2 (assuming you buy in groups of 2 and use 2 IPS)
$17.98 counts toward Super Jingle Cash with $6.99 out of pocket

Crayola PopArt Pixies $5.99
-$4 IP 
Cost oop: $1.99
$5.99 counts toward Super Jingle Cash with $1.99 out of pocket

I do not doubt there are a ton other things I missed, but I go for the loss leaders!

My transaction today:
7 Bufferin $5.99 each = -.07
1 dozen eggs(not pictured) = .99
4 John Frieda stylers $3.59 bogo 50% sale - $2 insert = $2.76
2 Scotch scissors $8.29 each - ad q - $1 ip = $3.98
6 Hallmark tissue paper .99 each - $5.94 -$3.94 in ad q = $2
-$9 in RR and .66 cash oop
Earned $15 for $75 purchase and $5 for Hallmark card deal
Final tally $10.34 Money maker!!!!!


Ok, as promised, here are couple scenarios using the above products with "modest" coupon usage.  I am not going to include the Snickers Nutcrackers in these scenarios because the stores I have been shopping don't have them, so if your store does, you might want to have a calculator handy!

1 Scotch scissor with $1 IP
6 Hallmark tissue paper with in ad Q
2 John Frieda with 2 insert
1 Afrin with Ip
Cost oop = $7.37
Earn $5 for Super and $5 for Hallmark
Final cost = -$ 2.63

2 Premium Walgreens Diapers with $1 ip
2 Bufferin with insert and Wags Dec booklet
Cost oop= $6.97
Earn $5 for Super
Final cost = $1.97 for 2 packs of diapers!!!!!!!

Basically just mix and match until you find an out of pocket you like.  Good luck guys, these deals are awesome

4 comments:

Fun times with the Larsen's said...

Stephanie,
I am so mad. I did this transaction almost exactly and I didn't get any RR's. :( I asked the manager about it and he said that the bonus cash had to be after all coupons. I also didn't get the Hallmark RR. But I bought 4 tissue papers and 2 hallmark wrapping paper. What did I do wrong???

Denise said...

This is now AFTER coupons :( Should have gone last night but I got a tooth pulled >:(

Anonymous said...

That is what I was told today, too, that you only get your jingle cash on a $25 purchase if it's $25 after all coupons. I did the Ragu/Unilever deal for $5 in RRs and got that , but didn't get the $5 jingle cash for a $25+ purchase. This is all of what I got:
10 jars of Ragu sauce 1.50 ea = $15
6 Hallmark tissue papers .99 x 6 = 5.94
1 eggs .99
Cortaid ointment $3
Hydrogen pyroxide 1.19
My total was $26.xx
used 5 coupons for Ragu $1 off 2 from Randalls
Thanksgiving booklet = -$5 (these beeped)
used Walgreens coupon for H202 = -.94
used Wags coupon for tissue paper = -3.94
total paid in cash $16.xx
and only got $5 RR for Unilever/Ragu and rebate form for Cortaid for $3. Nothing for the tissue paper and nothing for a $25+ purchase.
What I'm wondering is if I would have gotten the $5 jingle cash for a $25 purchase if the total would have been $25 after WAgs coupons, but before MQs. Any ideas on this?
Jennifer

katycouponers said...

Wow, I am so sorry everyone, I guess Wags changed the rules after the game was afoot!
I did not shop today but I keep hearing all over the place now that now the Hallmark is not working and the Super Jingle Cash is only working if your total is that high AFTER coupons (not sure if that means just Wags or manuf or both)

Post a Comment