Monday, December 6, 2010

Target - Free/Cheap Card Games


I had a friend in town this weekend so I did not do a whole lot of shopping, but we did make a quick jaunt to Target to look at toys. I was hoping to find some cheap or free games to add to my gift closet for all those birthday's the kiddos get invited to throughout the year. 
While I didn't find any full size games cheap enough for me, I did find some card games on a decent deal that might make for good stocking stuffers or combined together could make a decent gift.
The Pictureka! card game is on price cut for $5.24 making it just .24 after the coupon we received in this weekend's paper.  If you notice in my picture, the little $5 starburst in the right hand corner.  Opening the package, I found a coupon for $5 off a number of games.  Listed on this in package coupon was:
Sorry
Monopoly Championship edition
Pictureka Flipper
Monopoly City
Scrabble Deluxe
Sorry Sliders
Scrabble
Pictureka

Well, since it did not say full size games, I decided to grab the Scrabble Slam card game for $4.74 and the coupon went in for the full $5!  That covered the .24 I was paying for the Pictureka, and as you can see by the picture, the Scrabble had the same starburst so I left with yet another coupon for these games!

I also noticed the Uno card game with the similar starburst so I opened the flap to find a $5 coupon on Uno games.  The card game is on sale for $4.74 as well, so free after coupon.  This coupon did beep but cashier overrode, giving me the overage as well.  (Also this coupon was actually in the cellophane packaging WITH the cards but someone had already torn open the cellophane so I peeked at the coupon)


Next, my friend and I headed to Toys R Us to check their games too, again hoping to find a deal.
I did find that this week, they have Scrabble(the full game, not pictured) on sale for $9.99.  I used the remaining coupon from the package on my Target deal to get it for $4.99 and I will mail in for the $3 rebate offered by Hasbro and Toys R Us, making it only $1.99, woo hoo! (form found here or in-store)
I also noticed, they have Pictureka Flipper on clearance for $9.98, so also a decent deal with this in package coupon.

1 comments:

Carmen said...

Thanks. I am going to try this deal tomorrow.

Post a Comment