Thursday, November 4, 2010

Randalls - went to get Pillsbury but..........

Seems some other coupons beat me there, as they were out.

As always I scouted out the clearance rack and did find a good score, and found something intersting about ecoupons.
As some of you may already know, it seems ecoupons are no longer working with paper coupons at Randalls (for those that didn't know, sorry to be the bearer of bad news).
Well, I forgot I had ecoupons left for Cheerios, so handed the cashier two $1 coupons for these boxes.
Cheerios are on sale for $2 a box this week and these were marked with 50% tags due to being damaged. I had a few $1 peelies left so to me I saw free cheerios! Anyway, I handed both my coupons over, but after scanning the first coupon, I was negative .10!!!!
Cashier handed me back my second coupon and just zeroed out the transaction so I owed nothing. Looking at my receipt, I noticed 2 .55 ecoupons came off. Hmmmm, it seems since I bought 2 boxes, the ecoupons came off one since I didn't use a paper coupon on it, so still free!
Going to be an interesting time figuring out the new system, will keep you posted on my progress. Anyone else have some interesting things happening on their receipts?

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

I usually go through self checkout at Randalls. Last time I went I forgot about the new system and scanned my paper coupons after ecoupons came off and the paper coupon wasn't accepted. I didn't remember why and one of the associates came over and just pushed it through. No big deal...then I remembered and realized why I had trouble. So apparently they may just put it through for you??? Not sure what to make of it either...doesn't seem to be a hard and fast new guideline...

~Hooked on Bargains~ said...

Wonder if it has anything to do with buying Clearance items? I bought 6 of the Yoplait cups on clearance today and had THREE ecoupons come off...and I used a $.40/6 coupn too, so they were all free! I also bought other items that I had ecoupons for, but these clearance items were the only ones that the ecoupons came off for. Hmm...if you figure it out, let me know!

Post a Comment