Monday, November 29, 2010

Kroger Post #2 - expiring coupons


My first stop on my way home was Kroger to try out the scenario I posted about here for the Olay rebate.

Well, I found the Olay lotion was no longer on sale for $5, but was $5.47 which made me jump up and down!  This meant, I could get 4 of everything (including all the cheap deodorants) and still qualify for the $50 purchase on the $20 rebate.
I also had a coupon buddy (thanks imm93) inform me she received an extra 2 $1 catalinas when purchasing 8 Pillsbury items, so I decided to throw some of those in too to finish off some loadables I still had.

Here is what my transaction looked like:
4 Secret deodorant $2.29 each - .50 insert 11-28 P&G = $5.16
4 Olay body wash $5 each - $5 off wyb Secret 10-31 P&G (expires tomorrow!) = FREE
4 Olay lotion $5.47 each - free wyb Olay body wash insert 11-28 P&G = FREE
($51.04 pre-coupon, $5.16 post coupon)

These items are still part of the buy 4 get $4 off, so prices are listed AFTER promo
6 Pillsbury cookies $1.49 each - $1.25/2 blinkies - 3 $1 ecoupons = $2.19
2 Pillsbury grands cinn rolls $1.49 each - .50 insert 11-14 GM - .30 ecoupon = .68
Earned $3 oynso for purchasing 6 Pillsbury and 2 $1 oynso for Pillsbury(not sure how many you have to get to get these 2)

Not pictured: $1 Reduced for quick sale Strawberries


Total: $9.03
Paid with 3 $3 oynso from prior purchases and .03 out of pocket and will mail off receipt for $20 rebate

(so $9.03 - $5 in cats - $20 rebate = $15.97 money maker)

6 comments:

Gille said...

You were able to use the B1G1 lotion even without "buying" the body wash? I won't have to get them to push it through? I didn't know that was possible (I'm a newbie).

katycouponers said...

Gille, no coupon had to be pushed through. The lotion coupon does beep asking for price, but that was all. I did purchase the body wash, I just paid with another coupon. This is legal piggybacking of coupons, but ymmv as to whether your cashier/store will agree with the logic.

katycouponers said...

For clarification, this scenario is similar to using a buy x, get y, and then using a $1 off coupon on x, to reduce your cost.

Gille said...

Thanks so much. I wasn't sure how that would work. I also realized I was treating the first 5off coupon like a BOGO since it was 5 dollars before. I totally get it now. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

CHECK YOUR RECEIPT, MY LOTIONS RUNG UP $5. SO NOW I'M SHORT FOR THE REBATE.

katycouponers said...

Sorry anon, all my lotions rang up $5.47 :(

Post a Comment