Saturday, November 6, 2010

Randalls - Clearance Money Maker on Pillsbury!

I went to Randalls tonight to do the Pillsbury Simply deal I posted here, but I revised it a bit and found a really good money maker in the process.
What you see pictured was purchased in 3 transactions with some crazy results (all at the same store)

Here is how this played out:
Trans #1 self check outs:
2 Grands $1 each - $1/2 Randalls Thanksgiving book = $1
4 Pillsbury Simply $1 each - 3 .35 tripled(to $1) - .35 face value = .65
1 Sara Lee bread $1.99 - .55 tearpad(coupon was taped to bread) = 1.44
-$2 oynso
Cost oop: .88
Earned $3 oynso for buying 6 Pillsbury

Trans #2 self check outs:
5* Halloween cookies @ $2 each =  $10
-6 $1.50 for 50% off discount = -9 (I went through uscan because only 1 other register was open and had about 4 other customers before me) Because of the 50% codes though, it held up the transaction and somehow the cashier entered more discounts than the items I scanned???)
It got really busy so I scanned 1 $1 off 2 coupon from the new  Randalls Thanksgiving coupon book (will post picture shortly)
Cost = $0
Earned $2 for purchasing 5 Pillsbury (I purchased 6 Pillsbury but
 how only 5 show up on my receipt but 6 discounts showed up?????)

Trans #3 regular check outs
Cashier at uscan was so freaked by my first 2 trans. I went to regular check out
6 Pillsbury cookies $2 - 50% coupons = $6
-$6 in ecoupons????( I didn't have my list of ecoupons with me since I knew Randalls has been overriding ecoupons when u use paper coupons.  I had $1.25/2 blinkies I was gonna use but didn't get a chance
$6 in ecoupons came off before I even handed over a coupon.  I know $2 came off from shortcuts because I got an email.  I have NO clue where the other $4 came off?   SORRY  this truly suprised me AND the cashier???????

5 comments:

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

I snagged like a dozen of the coupon booklets. They had a ton out, so each isle I'd grab a couple. Some awesome coupons in there.

Tammy said...

I have a feeling that a lot of crazy transactions will occur until the new systems kinks are worked out.

Anonymous said...

What does the coupon book look like and where are ya'll finding them?

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to see what the new booklets look like. When I went on Saturday, I didn't see any. Can you describe them?

amy and the bad cats said...

i had a cookie transaction similar to yours happen today. i saw a couple of the pillbury holiday coolies in the 50% off markdown section, so i snagged two. they were marked 2.99 reg price, so i was figuring 2.99 for both after discount. i also had a $1.25/2 blinkie i planned to use. the cashier scanned the cookies, and my store now automatically adjusts the 50% discount to reflect sale prices, and these were on sale 2/$4. before i even handed over my coupon, ecoupons came off taking my total down to $0. he was so perplexed he called over "the mean one" who kept scrutinizing the transaction and finally told him he shouldn't have taken off the 50% discount! say what?!?!

Post a Comment