Monday, December 19, 2011

HOT! Theraflu $5 Rebate card - Potential MoneyMaker


WOW! Head over here and sort by Health Care. Look for the coupon offer like the picture above and print out the rebate form.  This rebate is an offer for $5 Retailer Gift card(CVS, Kroger, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens or Walmart).
Purchase any size Theraflu Warming relief syrup or caplets (excluding trial size) and get back $5 retailer card of your choice.
Limit 1 rebate per household.  Does state offer cannot be combined with any other offer, coupon or discount card so you might want to buy on a receipt with NO coupons!

I just got next weeks CVS ad in the mail and they have an extra buck promo you might be able to use with this deal, if you purchase them separately.
If you buy 1 of these without a coupon you will spend $4.77.  Then, buy the second one in another transaction using the $3 off coupon from 12-4 SS.
Your transctions will look like this

Trans #1 : $4.77 oop

Trans #2 : $4.77
-$3 coupon
=$1.77 oop

Earn $3 ECB and mail off for $5 rebate

Final: $4.77 + 1.77 - $3 - $5 = $1.46 money maker (less your stamp)

OR, you could just buy outright at another store and hopefully get it less than $5 and mail off rebate.

Thanks Hip2Save.

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.   Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the CVS card....is it considered a "discount card"? What do you think?

katycouponers said...

Anon I was thinking about that and I think they mean prescription card savings and the like, but it is possible they may reject just on the CVS card, but that is a tough once to call.

katycouponers said...

*one not once, sorry.
It is hard to determine whether they will exclude store loyalty cards, I hope not though since some of the stores listed require them for the sale price.

Anonymous said...

I have the worst luck in rebates, either they refuse them or they short me on what I'm expecting .....I think I will go on the safe side and buy at W-Mart, priced at $4.47 and make .53, less .44 stamp = profit of .09 - then to risk not getting a $5.00 card at all!!!!! Of course, that's just me, my luck and my opinion! LOVE what you do...keep it up because we rookie couponers :), depend on blogs like yours!

katycouponers said...

Thanks Anon2, it is comments like yours that keep me posting, even when it is a struggle with day to day life. I know many people like you that have zero luck with rebates. Fortunately I have access to a copy machine that I can scan pdf files of all rebates(at work) so no additional cost to me and if they reject, I can always dispute with evidence.
Would love if Anons would post a first name so I can post more personably to you, but still love the comments none the less :D

Post a Comment