Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Name a Roach for your Sweetie - or send a chocolate one (do not read while eating, ewww)

I am putting the picture at the end of this post in case you did not heed my warning and are eating or like me have a very weak stomach when it comes to even seeing roaches.  But, I want to get this posted because I was very excited to see this offer last year(at least the first part) and so super excited it was such a success that they are doing it again. (to see my post last year, you can click here)

If this has not scared you away, go here to find out more information about naming one of the 58,000 Madagascar Hissing Roaches in the Bronx Zoo for just a $10 donation.


Naming a roach in honor of someone near and dear to your heart shows that you've noticed how resilient, resourceful, and loyal that person is. Or maybe it's in recognition of your one and only's virility, or strength in the face of high radiation. You're not afraid to say, "Baby, you're a roach!"
All the money earned from the Adopt a Roach promotion is used to support the Wildlife Conservation Society and its five parks in New York City.

Not enough to scare you away yet?  Well, for just $25 more you can also buy your sweetie a hand-painted, artisanal chocolate roach. Insert your ewww here!  But don't worry, these are NOT chocolate covered roaches, they just look like roaches :D


Don't understand my lingo? Go here.  
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

1 comments:

pcothran said...

How romantic!

Just the thing you'd want to get from your honey on VDay!

Post a Comment