Thursday, February 23, 2012

Heb HOT clearance in the Health and Beauty Department


I was at HEB this afternoon to get a few prices of P&G items because HEB is going to be doing another P&G promotion starting next week.  For two weeks, you can purchase $20 in P&G items and in return you will get a $10 oynso to be used after 3/14.
Right now there are no YQs to match up with the promo, but hopefully next Wednesday some will show up.

Anyway, while at my HEB I found a buggy full of clearance shampoos.  I matched up coupons to get a few items for very little out of pocket:
John Frieda $2, $1.50 and $1.31 each, used $3/2 insert 2-12 SS
Aveeno conditioner $1.61 - $2 insert 1-8 SS = .39 overage (new barcode only so they manually entered it)
Pantene shampoo/conditioners $1.14 each - $1/2 insert 1-29 P&G
Hill Country Essentials shampoo $1.12 each - $2 YQ = .88 overage (I thought these would auto adjust down, but they didn't)

All HEB stores are resetting their haircare aisle, so if yours has not yet, look for these lower prices :D

Don't forget to sign up for our coupon class being held March 10th.


Don't understand my lingo? Go here.  
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to purchase a john Frieda full hair repair which was on clearance for $2 And use a $2 manufacturer's coupon and the cashier would not let me so the manager told me that they can't honor the coupon cause the product would be free, so I mentioned that their policy doesn't say anything regarding using a coupon on the clearance items and she rudely stated that their policy was to reject any coupon they want and that it was in their policy cause HEB doesn't give free items.

katycouponers said...

Anon, my argument back would be to inquire WHY their ad advertises FREE all over the place if they don't give free items. I would also use the contact us link on their website and let the corporate office know exactly what the manager said and ask if that is their companies stance.

Anonymous said...

I just went to heb this morning and bought 4 boxes of valentines sugar cookie dough for .10 a box on clearance...I used 2 $1 off 2 coupons from pillsbury, making the cookies free and in addition subtracting $1.60 leftover from my purchase. The cashier was friendly and mentioned what good deals I got so in essence its just up to the cashier I believe. good luck next time!

Post a Comment