Thursday, March 11, 2010

Walgreens run March 11

I had been reading about a couple good deals at Walgreens and since I had to take some time off work today to take my sister to the airport, I finally got a chance to take a quick trip.

(for picture sake on the lunch meat, I added two empty boxes from my recylce bin, so you know what I bought, but I accidently left the 4 FULL boxes is sister's fridge- looks like kids are getting pb&j sandwiches tommorrow-oops)

I did the above pictured in 3 transactions

Trans #1:

1 Tuf bags $3.99 (to eat my overage!)
2 Reach Total care floss $3 each - $3 bogo inserts 1-3 RP - 1 $1 inserts 3-7 RP
2 Reach Total care toothbrush $3 each - $3 bogo insert 1-3 RP - 1 $1 inserts 3-7 RP
- $6.68 in ad coupon last page = -$2.68

2 Gillette body wash $4.99 each - $2.50 bogo 50% sale
2 Gillette deodorant $4.49 each - $2.25 bogo 50% sale
-$4.99 x 2 buy deodorant get body wash free inserts 3-7 P&G
-$4/2 deodorant or body wash insert 2-21 P&G

Cost oop: $1.54

Trans #2 and #3 :

4 Reach Total care floss $3 each - 2 ($6) bogo inserts - 2 $1 inserts - $6.68 in ad coupon last page = -$2.68

2 Gillette body wash $4.99 each - $2.50 bogo 50% sale
2 Gillette deodorant $4.49 each - $2.25 bogo 50% sale
-$4.99 x 2 buy deodorant get body wash free inserts
-$4/2 deodorant or body wash insert

2 Hillshire Farms Roasted turkey $1.99 each
Tax: -.55
Cost oop: .98

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the $4/2 coupon.

katycouponers said...

As stated in scenario #1, this coupon was found in 2-21 P&G

Anonymous said...

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about the P&G insert dated February 2010 with a ice skater on the cover with $121 saving marked on it. If so, I only see the $2 off body wash coupon.

katycouponers said...

Anon, I have NO clue what the cover to the insert looks like.
I clip for use and when I blog I use the HCW database to post the insert I found them in(seeing as how sometimes I clip months before I actually use the coupon)
Feel free to review the database at this link:
http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/coupon.php
I do know it is about 80-95% accurate for me and so that is what I use for my blog posts.
I can tell you it was found in a recent P&G insert as they typically expire in no more than 2 months time, only come out max twice a month AND I actually had to take my inserts into the store for the last 2 months as I have been behind in clipping.
And for the record, the cover pages rarely have coupons on them, hence those would have been tossed by me and thus I have no clue what is on the cover.

Anonymous said...

I didn't find the $4/2 coupon but thanks for all your help.

Susan S said...

yes it was the ice skater and the kid and the puffs and fixodent coupon on on the reverse side if that helps!

Post a Comment