Thursday, March 4, 2010

Safeway (Randalls) run to work the Frozen Food deal

Stopped into Randalls today to try out their frozen food deal and pick up some free string cheese and a couple other deals.
Among other things, there is a deal on select Pillsbury, buy 4 get $4 off instantly. Precious string cheese is also $1.99 each when you purchase at least 3. And finally, when you purchase $25 in participating frozen food items, you get a $10 catalina to use on your next shopping order.
Here is my breakdown:
5 Corazonas chips $1 each - $1 tearpad = FREE
2 Pup peroni dog treats $3.39 each - 2 $2 shortcuts - 2 $1 shortcuts - 2 $1 inserts 2-21RP = -$1.22

2 Grands Jr $1.29 each - .30 shortcuts - .30/2 IP = 1.38
2 Pillsbury cresecent rolls $1.59 - .50 shortcuts -.50/2 IP= 1.68 -$4 for buying 4 = -.94

1 Joy dish soap $1.79 - $1 PG loadable - .30 insert 2-7PG= -.11
2 Tena Serenity $2.99 each - $3 peelie = -.02
1 Natures Own english muffins $1.79 - 2 .75 loadables = .29
12 Precious string cheese $1.99 each - $2 peelies = -.12

6 Smart One entrees $2.29 each = 13.74
1 Smart One entree $1.99
1 Smart One entree $2.79
2 Smart One entrees $2.50 each = $5
2 Smart One breakfast $2.50 each = $5
-$5/10 IP - 2 b5g1 breakfast insert 1-10SS - 3 $2/4 store booklet qs = $12.52
-$10 OYNSO from PG deal
Cost oop: $1.78 and earned another $10 oynso for the Smart Ones

Thanks nateNnatsmommy

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Randalls do you visit? It seems coupon friendly.

Stacy Shilling said...

How do get the PGe coupons to load onto your card. I entered my Randalls card number (then switched to Tom Thumb to get it accepted) and my zip and no coupons appear. Do I need to enter a different zip?

Jill Folzman said...

Good grief! You so rock. I'm not sure I could even wrap my mind around all this if I were in the store with my coupons......I have so much to learn, still.

katycouponers said...

Stacy, you need to confirm that your account is not trying to default in Kroger, as Kroger is no longer participating in Pgesaver.

katycouponers said...

Anon, for this trip I went to Sugar Land Randalls but I shop about 5 different Randalls depending on the day and where I am and have had few problems.

Anonymous said...

What coupons did you find for $2/3, I have some that are $2/4.

katycouponers said...

Anon, that was a typo, I will fix.

Unknown said...

Did you find the Precious peelies, Corazona tearpad & store booklet you mentioned all at Randall's ?? I haven't found any of these =(

Shanna said...

I found the store booklet at Randalls. With that and the MC from the IP, I think that I can get 12 dinners for under $5 (after the catalina) (I don't have the B5G1 - I wasn't couponing* "back then").

Kaizen Fashion Project said...

You wrote you used '4 $1 inserts 2-21RP' on the Pup peroni dog treats ($3.39 each). How can you use 4 $1 coupons on two products? Or is that a typo? Thanks!

mei said...

Where did you find the store booklet? I couldn't find it at my store.

katycouponers said...

Wow! Heather you are right, that is a HUGE typo on my part, and to do the math you would see I use the right amount of coupons
I have to admit when I get home, it takes time to pull the info of where the coupons come from and with 2 kids to put to bed obviously errors are made
I do apologize

Ashley B. said...

You put you only bought one Joy dish soap and got $1 off PG loadable but on mine it says $1/2 products. Is yours different? typo? if not, did the loadable actually come off for just buying one?

Alex H said...

yes, the joy loadable comes off when you buy just one.
I did have 1 question. Where is the store booklet with the smart ones coupon found?

Southwest Coupon Clipper said...

Awesome deal Stephanie!

qrazyguy said...

Hi Stephanie, I see you bought the Puperoni. I don't have a dog so I don't usually load these Q's on shortcuts, but if I can get that kind of overage I will start loading them from now on! I did find one of my cards where I had loaded 2 $1/1 EQ's and one $2/2 EQ, so I will try with that card. I see that Randalls.com also has a $1.50/2 EQ on the pupperoni as well. So my question is did that EQ come off for you as well? Or is this a new EQ that only recently showed up after this shopping trip? I'm thinking I can do

2@3.39 = 6.78 - 1.50 EQ - 1 EQ - 1 EQ - 2 EQ - 1 MQ - 1 MQ = .72 overage, not great but every bit helps.

katycouponers said...

I had the Randalls q loaded too and it didn't come off. I don't have a dog either, lol :P

qrazyguy said...

Oh OK, thanks for letting me know, I won't try it then. I know that those Randalls EQ's seem to be pretty hit and miss. The shortcuts and cellfire q's aren't always reliable either but they seem to be more consistent than the Randalls eq's, IME.

Post a Comment