Saturday, March 27, 2010

CVS run for CHEAP Prevacid

Well, as it seems to go, you go to the store with one thing, and come out with a cartload!


I was emailed a CVS coupon for $6 off Prevacid and seeing as my husband takes 2 a day, I wanted to take advantage of that coupon. I also had $6 manuf. coupons from one of the March Parade magazines, making a total of $12 off (NO size restrictions).

CVS also emailed me a coupon for either a free body wash or candy, I chose the body wash.

Going to CVS, I found they had the 14 count everyday priced for $12.99, so just .99 after both coupons. Well, while there I wanted to see if I could make any other good deal purchases with my CRT(cash register tape) CVS coupons and my manuf. coupons as well as current monthly and weekly deals they are running.

My luck, they had 4 Stayfree 24 count pads in stock. These are on monthly ECB deal where you earn$2 ECB for each you buy limit 4. I had insert bogo coupons with me as well as $1/1 IPS. CVS was also kind enough to give me $4 off 2 CRT coupon.

They also carry the St Ives facial scrub that I have fallen in love with. The trial sizes are $1.49 and we have $1.50 insert coupons so FREE.

I had two baby related CRTS making a decent deal on diapers. I was given a $2 off any $10 baby care purchase and $4 off wyb Huggies diapers and wipes. I still had my $3 IP for Huggies and I had $1 off any size Huggies wipes from the March H&B booklet found at Randalls.

The last promotion I did was for $3 ecbs when you buy $10 in canday. Since I already purchased 1 Reeses for my daughter earlier in the week, I only needed 11 more to get to $10. With the .55 coupon, that made it just .74 for 11 of them after ECBS.

Here is what I did:
Trans #1:
1 Escape body wash $1.77 - $1.99 free coupon = -.22
1 Huggies travel wipes $1.79 - $1 booklet from Randalls = .79
1 Huggies diapers $11.99 - $3 IP - $2/10 baby purchase - $4/2 = $2.99
11 Reeses cups .89 each - .55 insert 3-14 SS = $3.74
1 Prevacid $12.99 - $6 CVS coupon - $6 insert = .99
7 St Ives apricot scrub $1.49 each - $1.50 insert 3-21 SS= FREE
-$8 in ECBS
Tax .28
Cost oop: .57

Earned $1 for scanning my Green Tag and $3 for the candy


Trans #2: (I asked if I could get Prevacid again since I don't know the new rules with CVS coupons and was told, if it scanned they would take it, YAY!)

1 watch 75% off $3.75
32 Tylenol vials 75% off .25 each - $4/2 Randalls booklet coupons = FREE
4 Stayfree max 24 count $3.79 each - bogo 1-3 RP - $1 IP - $4/2 cvs coupon = $1.58
1 Prevacid $12.99 - $6 CVS coupon - $6 insert = .99
8 St Ives apricot scrub $1.49 each - $1.50 insert 3-21 SS = FREE
-$6 in ECBS
Tax: .32
Cost oop: .64

Earned $8 for the Stayfree

So overall tally: $8.57 + $6.64 - $4 - $8 = $3.21 for everything pictured.

6 comments:

MsMud said...

I need some help. I went to Target, I-10 & Fry Rd., Katy, TX on 03/25 to try to get some of the items you got for free. Before trip: Could not pull up any of the Target coupons you used, Band-Aids or beach towel. They had many other coupons, but not those. At store, my Band-Aids were $1.77 and $1.82 minus the $1/1 inserts, so $0.77 and 0.82. I could find no Gillette body wash under $3.95 ea., and no beach towels less than $4 each. What am I doing wrong?

katycouponers said...

I am not sure when I printed the Target coupons, so can't help there.
The Gillette bodywash was found on a little plastic shelf near the end cap of an aisle(not with the rest of the bodywash)
The $2.50 beach towel was found in the Dollar Spot at the front of the store.

Mary S. said...

Great CVS run. For the previous commenter regarding Target coupons...the beach towel coupon is no longer available. That Target run was awesome though.

nann-one said...

I been looking for you at the stores couponing. I have 2 boxes of Prevacid for you. I did one of your deals at Krogers-loaded the $6 ecoupon and the $6 coupon. The Prevacid was $10.99 (money maker) Thanks.

S. Wade said...

What is the green tag you scanned?

katycouponers said...

S Wade, CVS has a "green tag" you purchase for .99. These are to encourage you to bring your own bags instead of using their plastic bags. You have them scan it when you check out and for every 4th time it is scanned, you earn a $1 ECB.

Post a Comment