Friday, March 19, 2010

Kroger run- WHAT? How did I go so negative!!!!!!

Ok, I have to admit I did not plan this run! I was forced to run a little further to get my Princess and the Frog DVD and decided to add a Kroger stop on the way home. I kept a vague tally in my head and was pretty sure I was at about even when checking out but that was so NOT THE CASE!
Well, for starters, the store had LINES!! I hate going through uscan with coupons(since I know this ties up the cashier that has to man 4 registers) but I was in a hurry and the other lines were brutal. Anyway, go through uscan and scan in my products (pictured above). Tell the computer, yes, I do have coupons, and it prompts me to give to cashier. I do so, and cashier enters coupons and I happily bag my items(I had scanned and just set on scale and am now bagging in my reusable bags) So, I finish bagging my groceries and head to the uscan station to see how the cashier is doing on my stack of coupons. He finishes up and tells me to go back to my station and pay. I head there and instantly FREAK out when I see the display.
At first I think, oh no biggie, I wasn't calculating properly and I owe $6.xx! IF ONLY! Well, I look at the screen a second time and realize there is a - in front of that $6.xx! YIKES!
I look over at cashier and he says, "yes ma'am go ahead and pay" My thoughts 'hmmm how do I pay a negative balance?" At first I panic and ring up 1 Orbit gum for .99, then it dawns on me, I HATE GUM, I don't chew it and I am not wasting over $6 overage on GUM! So I tackle the next best thing, GRAB BAG CHIPS! I kept grabbing till I was in the positive!
Paid .23 for the above pictured items
Already blogged about the deals here, but the cheese was a happy addition, thanks to a great trading friend finding some bogo coupons and $2 off 2 for the cheese (I OWE YOU ANON FRIEND!)

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

You amaze me!

Frances said...

What great deals! I have only gone negative once and it freaked both the cashiier and me out. LOL!

Valerie said...

You crack me up. I love LOVE love your posts. Keep them coming!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

where did you get the annie mac and cheese coupons.


thanks,
lisa

Anonymous said...

hi,

kroger has the lean cuisine on sale for 1.77. do you know of any coupons that are available for this item. i can't find any and at that price its good but matching it up with a coupon would make it sweeter.

thanks

katycouponers said...

Anon, there was an IP, but it currently has no prints available on the campaign. The only other coupons are found in the packaging and tearpads according to HCW database.

Deb said...

If you use a credit card, I *think* you can "pay" by scanning your card, and then the machine will give you a credit. I've only ever done that at customer service though, when they made an adjustment, so I don't have experience with it working that way.

Deb

Post a Comment