Friday, March 19, 2010

HOT DISNEY MOVIE DEAL!!! ENDS SATURDAY Princess and Toy Story!

WOW!!!!! I stumbled upon an AWESOME deal for Toy Story, Toy Story 2 and The Princess and the Frog on Blu-Ray and DVD!

Ok, bear with me because this deal is not for the faint at heart, lol. AND this deal is especially SWEET for those of you that already own a DVD or VHS copy of Toy Story and Toy Story 2! BUT before I go into the deal, it seems to be a SWEET deal whether you are in it just for the Princess and the Frog deal or if you are just in it for the Toy Story part. If you are in it for both, then you are in NIRVANA!!!!

This deal ENDS Saturday so you MUST hurry(sorry I found out about it after 5pm on Friday!)
Ok, let me see if I can post this without confusing you.
I already told you how to get a $10 off coupon on Princess and the Frog. (Make sure you print the US one, not the Canadian one) This $10 needs to go with you to Toys R Us.
Go and find the Princess and the Frog Combo pack Blu-Ray and DVD. While you are there, seek out the frogs as pictured above. They should be on either an endcap, or a special aisle with the other Princess and the Frog merchandise.
Go to register with your frogs and the movie and tell the cashier you would like to prebuy Toy Story and Toy Story 2.
They will find a card (pictured above) and will ask you to pick the version you want. Pick it and they will ring you up. You will have to pay $5 pre-buy price per Toy Story but that is OK! This is how you transaction should play out:
Princess and the Frog combo pack is on sale right now for $26.99 but when you see it ring up on the register, it will say $34.99, DON'T PANIC, all is well.
The frogs are free when you buy $30 worth of Princess and the Frog merchandise and since the register is ringing the movie at $34.99 it triggers the frogs to be free: YAY!
Then, the register will charge you $5 twice for your selection of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 pre-buy
BUT there is a promo right now that if you pre-buy both, you get $15 off any movie by Disney (psst: Princess and the Frog is one of them!)
BUT even better!!!! Apparantly, there is a promo that you get $5 off any movie by Disney when you prebuy 1 of the Toy Story movies and RIGHT now the register is triggering BOTH discounts!!!!!!! So, now $20 OFF The Princess and the Frog AND we have not even handed over that $10 IP I mentioned!!!!!!

So here we go
Toy story prebuy $5
Toy story 2 prebuy $5

Princess and the Frog kissing frogs

Princess and the Frog Bluray combo $34.99 - $8 sale price =$26.99
-$15 when you pre-buy Toy Story 1&2 = $11.99
-$5 bonus "glitch" = $6.99

-$10 IP coupon

=$6.99 + your tax rate!

WOW!!! By itself that is a GREAT deal, but it gets BETTER!
According to Couponing to Disney, Toy Story 1 and 2 are going to be just $16.99 each wyb both together! Not only that, but they are supposed to have 2 movie tickets in them for Toy Story 3 coming out in June.

Well, in your previous transction, you have already paid $5 each toward that price AND if you own Toy Story 1 and/or 2 on DVD or VHS you can earn a $10 off IP for the Blu-Ray copy.
Just go to DisneyMovieRewards and enter the 12 digit UPC code for each movie and you will be able to print 2 $10 coupons per movie!
So, on Tuesday, when you go and purchase the movies, your transaction should look like this:
2 x $16.99 = $33.98
- 2 $10 IP
-$10 you already paid
= $3.98

So, at this point, you have spent : $6.99+ tax + $3.98 + tax to get 3 movies, 2 stuffed animals, and possibly 2-4 movie tickets AND you can still get some money back by looking into doing 2 of these 3 rebates.

Thanks goes to Couponing to Disney and SD for the complete deal!

34 comments:

Maria S. said...

Wow, I don't know how you do it, my head almost popped off just reading how you got the deal, lol.
You are definitely amazing with coupons and finding great deals.
Thank you

The Altman Family said...

Oh my goodness!! Hoping this bad weather passes here in Spring so I can head to Toys'R'Us!!! What an AWESOME deal!!!

Princess Mom said...

So will it still work on Saturday?

just4fun said...

Awesome deal thanks so much for sharing! I just left Toys R Us BUT the coupons I printed from your link said good in Canada only. :-(. I paid for my purchase because the store manager said I could get the right coupons and come back with my receipt. Any ideas why mine said good in Canada only? Could you please repost the link?

katycouponers said...

Princess Mom- yes the sale goes through closing time on Saturday

ladybugs, there is 1 Canada coupon and 1 US coupon on my link. Print the US one
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/disneymagicalsavings/

The Altman Family said...

Just got back from the Toys'R'Us in The Woodlands! It worked for me!!!! SO excited about it :) The cashier was amazed and wanted to know how I knew about it! What an awesome deal and thank you for posting it and making it so easy to understand!!

Jennifer said...

Woohoo!!! I got mine! I did it exactly how you said to do it and it worked. I was skeptical, but I braved the rain and am very glad I did. Thanks so much! I have one very happy little girl because of you. :)

Teri said...

I just left the Toys R Us in Naples FL and it worked like a charm!!! What an AWESOME DEAL!!!!!!!!! I am so pumped! Nothing beats a couponer's high!!! Thanks so much for posting this!!

Becky said...

Thanks so much for the post. I just purchased the movie & am looking forward to getting the other Toy Story movies. The frogs are no longer available at the R'US by Katy Mills Mall though.

just4fun said...

Arghh!!! I noticed there were different coupons for US and Canada as soon as I got home. Darn it! I am fixing to make my trip back to the store though so I can use the CORRECT one now. Thanks again for all the time you spend sharing your deals to help us save money.

Christan = ) said...

I didn't know about the frogs, but when I went in to do the deal I got a princess jewelry box free with my movie. I'm so glad I waited to use my coupons! Such an awesome deal!

Maria S. said...

WOW WOW WOW, just did it over at the location by the Houston Rodeo/Astrodome, and it worked perfectly. Thank you Thank you Thank you
There were still 4 frog sets left when I left at about 5:30

michelle said...

Just got back from Toys'R'Us in NJ. Woohoo, I got 2 sets.

Thanks for sharing this deal.

Isra said...

Hi, just this deal here in Boston, thanks so much for breaking it down it made so much sense! It worked exactly as you have posted, I did panic a little when I saw my subtotal was around $50 something before the T1 and T2 preorder got everything into shape! Fab deal!

Unknown said...

Thanks!!! I went and picked up mine today. Can't wait until Tuesday!!!

Susan said...

I saw this just before I was taking my daughter to see Hansel & Gretal, so I quickly got the coupons and ran to TRU on the way home from the show.

Once there, I couldn't find the combo pack so I went to the back and waited and waited for the electronics guy to check out people in front of me. I decided to go to the front customer service to see if they could check inventory. On the way there, I saw a woman and her husband grab the last two kissing frogs on the shelf. I was glad I grabbed that first and then went to look for the DVD combo pack. Turns out TRU had 20 combo packs in the back but none out on the shelves. Sort of weird, but glad I was able to get one.

We're about to pop the DVD in the player now. We missed seeing it in theaters so this is a wonderful deal.

Thanks for posting!!

Chrissy said...

AWESOME. It worked. The cashier even did it twice in disbelief. Thank you, Thank you.

Therese said...

I have to say thank you so much for posting this AWESOME deal. I also braved the rain and went out.

jenleic2008 said...

Thank you, Thank you for posting the whole scenerio! It worked like a charm and I am thrilled. I have 2 and 4 year old boys and wanted all three movies anyways! I loved the Princess and the Frog and am so excited to watch it over and over again. I rushed out in the snow in Dallas to go get it Sat night and so glad I did.

Maria S. said...

I know this may not be the most coupon ethical thing to do, but I don't have the older Toy Story dvd's because I didn't have a child back then and also wasn't into buying many dvd's. Anyway, I could really use the savings of $10.00 instead of just $5.00 so I googled toy story upc and was able to find upc codes for both dvds from a website listed on the first page of search results. There is a website where the older dvds are for sale and the seller posted the upc numbers. So, if this isn't the best thing to post than I understand, but you can post it if you want to help others find the upc codes to save $10.00 each instead of $5.00 each.
I can comment back with the website and the upc codes if you want. I'm pretty sure the upc codes were all the same on each movie when sold, so I don't think I took someones code that they will not be able to use, if I thought that would happen I would never use the codes.

Jami L said...

Bummer I just read this post. So this deal won't work on Sunday?

Michelle M said...

I wish I had seen this sooner! Bummer.

Michelle M said...

I have a question... Will this deal work Sunday/Monday before the new TS movies come out? I know you said the Princess and the Frog toy deal ended yesterday, but could I do it without the frogs toy? Will I still get the $15 discount for pre-ordering both movies, and the $5 discount?

Anonymous said...

Thank you soooomuch, my husband and I did three transactions - two are for our granddaughters and one for our hairdresser. What an awesome deal!!!

Maria S. said...

Per the Toy Story pre-order card I have, it says the deposit must be made by March 22. I can only assume that if someone reserves both that they can still save $15.00 on ANY Disney movie priced at $19.99 or more, and if the TRU system is still deducting the additional $5.00 "glitch" today and tomorrow, then the savings could be $20.00 off. I definitely have to go back by tomorrow to at least pre-order 2 more and buy CARS for my son with this amazing pre-order deal. Thank you again for posting this awesome deal, it's sincerely appreciated

Anonymous said...

I got 2 sets yesterday in Killeen! They rang it up wrong the first time and my total was $20. Turns out they charged me for the frogs but not the 34.99 dvd/blu-ray set. They thought I was dumb for not just taking it and running. I said I wanted that DVD on the receipt so the redid it. My total was 7.39. (each) yippee!

Anonymous said...

oh no too bad I already bought the princess frog.

Maria S. said...

I don't know how, and I'm definitely not complaining, but at Toys R Us I just paid $1.46 for Toy Story and Toy Story 2, plus a $1.99 reuseable shopping bag with a Toy Story picture on it. Basically the $1.46 is the total tax on my receipt. All the amounts came off correctly, including my prepays, and left both movies with a balance of $11.99 each and my 2 $10.00 off coupons would have dropped that to $1.99 each, plus tax. But, the line before my coupons were deducted shows Toy Story bal due 935059 5.00- . I'm guessing that if this negative amount keeps up that if you only buy the 2 movies under a certain scenario you will end up with $1.02 overage, I think that's the right amount. I'm sure glad I picked up the shopping bag, and only did because I thought it was cute to fluff up with wrapping tissue and give the movies to my son in, I wasn't thinking I needed it for overage.

Maria S. said...

oops, my tax wasn't $1.46, I looked at the receipt wrong. My balance before tax was .97 for the $1.99 reuseable bag, $1.02 overage brought the price down. My tax was only 49 cents, for a total of $1.46

katycouponers said...

Maria, it seems they scanned your prepaid card 3 times instead of 2, for the additional $5 off.

ortacards said...

Did anybody confirm the $16.99 deal at toys r us

katycouponers said...

yes, the 16.99 price was in the ad, and two readers have confirmed they spent under $5 on both movies

Tara H. said...

I went today and picked up both movies I reserved on this deal(bluray) and my total was $4.31> :) Super exciting deal. Thanks so much for telling us about it! I got the frogs and all three movie combo packs for less than $12.00!

The Everything Blog said...

Just picked up my movies paid $4.98 for both

Post a Comment