Sunday, May 2, 2010

Murphy came for a visit yesterday

Those of you that have read or seen Dave Ramsey know what I am talking about.
I had a FULL weekend of shopping planned yesterday and today. Well, upon waking yesterday morning there was a puddle of water in front of my fridge. Cleaned that up and opened up the freezer only to find my food starting to thaw out!!!!
YEP, the fridge decided to stop telling the compressor to turn on and so I got to spend the day at home waiting for the repair man!

Luckily for me, my inlaws just came over the weekend and brought me my birthday present.........another DEEP freezer!!!!
I was able to salvage some of the food in the freezer and I actually had a place to put it while waiting for the repair man.
Joe came and fixed us up and we once again have a functioning fridge, so today, off I went shopping!

Stay tuned later tonight for my posts. Right now I have to play mommy but after bedtime I will post my shopping trip.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention this(thanks Kim for the brain jog!)
I was sooooooo proud of dh. He went online to book our repair and you would not believe what he found...................a coupon!!!!!!
YES! My dh booked the appointment and actually found a 10% off coupon and used it. The repair man at first said "sir, we don't offer coupons" DH said, but it was on the website where I booked the appointment.
Joe typed it in and Hey Joe, what a ya know!(sorry couldn't resist a movie quote) It worked and DH used a coupon!!!!!!
I was so proud

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I know exactly who Murphy is hopefully the $ was in the ER fund! Lol

The Everything Blog said...

Been there done that - here is an op for free movie ticket - know how u feel about walmart but $12 movie ticket
http://instoresnow.walmart.com/enhancedrendercontent_ektid86411.aspx
also wanted to tell you how i did at Kroger today - not much time but they paid me $.49 to take home2 old spice deodorants, got 2 free campbell soups
and 100ct exceedrin xtra stength for $2.49 - you do goo work and I appreciate getting things for Free or nearly free that I can send to the troops. It makes them happy!

Kimberly said...

Murphy must have been out in full force this weekend. We had to get new brakes on the car this weekend.....$700. Glad I coupon! :)

Post a Comment