Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Upromise/Saving Star - New Loadable Coupons


Upromise 125x125


Upromise and SavingStar have new coupons, but before I tell you about those, let me tell you a little something about the differences between these two programs. Both offer most of the SAME exact loadable coupons(SavingStar does offer slightly more), but you can only choose one or the other program for each individual coupon. For example, there is currently a coupon for .40 off any Karo syrup. If you choose to save this to your SavingStar account for redemption, you cannot save it to your Upromise account for redemption.
Well to me, I prefer to save to my Upromise as opposed to my  SavingStar  because in my area of the country, the only stores that participate in the SavingStar program are Kroger and CVS (neither of which double or triple coupons). For Upromise, I can redeem this at Randalls,(as of Oct 31, 2013, Randalls no longer participates in Upromise so essentially SavingStar and Upromise are now about the same) Kroger or CVS. My Randalls doubles and triples coupons and I just so happen to have a .35/1 Karo IP that I can combine with this .40 loadable to get a savings of $1.45 off 1 bottle of Karo syrup at Randalls. If I saved to my SavingStar account, I would only get .75 off. So by saving to my Upromise instead, I save almost double what I would to Savingstar.

Now a little about both programs: With  SavingStar  your money goes into an account and once you reach $5 in savings, you can cash out to your bank account, Amazon, paypal etc.
With Upromise, you can save the money to use for college, use it to pay down existing student loans or you can simply cash out and request a check once your account balance reaches at least $10.

For me, I prefer Upromise for the added Randalls piece, but SavingStar might work better for you.
Some of the HOT coupons right now offered through these are as follows:

.55 International Delight Quart or pint (there are .55 blinkies too right now at Randalls)
$1/3 Rice a Roni or Pasta Roni (Randalls puts these on sale quite often)
$1/2 Quaker Chewy Granola Bars
$1/2 Quaker Instant Oatmeal, Quick or Old Fashioned Oats
$1/2 M&Ms 9.9 oz + (might be good with clearance at CVS)
$1 Barilla pasta and sauce
.40 Fleischmann's® Yeast (Great at Randalls with .40 insert doubled!!!!)
.40 Karo syrup (again GREAT at Randalls with .35 IP tripled)


Only on SavingStar
$1/2 Smart Balance buttery Spread (combine with $1 sale and $1/2 insert for cheap/free)
.75 Smart Balance Omega® Cooking Oil or Spray(combine with insert)
.75 Smart Balance peanut butter(combine with insert)
$1/2 Kens salad dressing
$1/2 Sweet Baby Rays barbeque sauce


And a few others.

Don't understand my lingo? Go here.  
Some links provided in this post may help fund my blog - see my disclosure statement here.

1 comments:

GlennJ said...

Have you read the SavingStar FAQ regarding these offers lately? I was surprised to find that EXCEPT for the one-or-many offers, they are NOT intended to be used in conjunction with paper coupons or other eQs. SavingStar does acknowledge that you can currently use both and still be reimbursed - but that this might change at some point in the future.

Post a Comment