Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Super Target Goodies 9-2-09

I needed more produce so I made a quick trip to Target for free bananas.
While there, I decided to get a couple more items that were free/cheap with coupons.
This was a weird transaction as it seems they were confused by my coupons???

Here is my scenario:
2 Skittles crazy cores $0.64 each*
1 Market Pantry food dye $2.19 ( I blame my new blog friend Gourmetmom for this-want to try the hotdog butterfly with my kiddos)
1 1lb strawberries $1.99 - $1 receipt coupon
1.12 lb bananas .77 - .50 Target printable
1 Chef Michaels dog food* $4.26 - $1.50 Target printable - $3 insert coupon 8-23 RP
4 Chef Michaels canned food .84 each - 2 bogo Target printables - 2 bogo insert coupons 8-23 RP
-$3 Chef Michaels coupon
Total cost $1.49

I thought my total was low, but I thought it was from the overage I would have gotten on the bagged dog food. They were confusing me at the register as the cashier called for the manager and they were moving coupons so fast even I couldn't keep up. That and I was in a huge hurry as my lunch hour was FAR into OVER! In the end it seems they failed to ring up 1 of my Chef Michaels dog foods that are $4.26 before coupons. They also did not ring up my 2 Target printable coupons for Skittles Crazy Core.
So anyway, recap is the Chef Michaels canned and bagged food is FREE with Target Printable and insert coupons from 8-23 RP
Bananas are still free with Target printable
and
Skittles crazy core are free with Target printable

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a awesome deal on the dog food but the target coupon isnt printing anymore or the link takes me to hot cpn world...bummmer

katycouponers said...

Anon, the coupons are still there to print. They are listed on the link I gave under expires 9-26.
You may have to log in to hcw to see it.

shawn m. said...

I got 3 free bags of the dog food earlier this week, but they would not let me use the target bogo & the manufacturer bogo together :(

But hey, I can't complain, I still got the other 3 bags for free & plan on going back later this week for more!

Fun times with the Larsen's said...

It says in your post that you bought 4 cans, used 2 bogo man q's and 2 bogo target q's, but then you also used a 1.50 off of then as well? Is that right? Can you do that? Thanks! I hope you had an awesome time on your trip!

katycouponers said...

I used the $1.50 printable on the bag I purchased, not the cans. Hope that clarifies.

Sheila said...

Same thing happened with me and the Skittles. Didn't realize until I got home that the coupons didn't come off; otherwise I wouldn't have gotten them. Oh well.

Lori said...

I know it annoys most of the cashiers, but I have started handing them one coupon at a time. I had too many instances where I'd hand them a stack and they would "overlook" some or sometimes they would beep and instead of manually keying it in, they'd just sit them down and go on. After I started handing them one by one, I haven't had this happen!

Southwest Coupon Clipper said...

Same thing happened with me and my total. I'm not still not sure looking at my receipt where she came up with some of the coupon values. Some lower than, some higher. In the end, Great Shopping and Deals!

Lorisa said...

I have been trying all these coupon deals at our local Super Target and have had issues. They will only let me use one coupon per transaction/per item. So, I can't use a Target coupon and a manufactures coupon. Is that right? Also, if I had 2 coupons for the skittles, and bought 2 packages, they say only 1 per transaction. I feel frustrated with the couponing. Any advise?

Post a Comment