Tuesday, September 1, 2009

CVS- my Extra Bucks were expiring!

I had to run to CVS on my way home today since I had $11.95 in ECB set to expire. Since I had not really looked at the ads, I was ill prepared for the trip, but use or lose.
As you can see by the picture, I also had my two little ones with me(hence the hula hoops)
Here is what I ended up getting:

Trans #1 :
1 Hula Hoop $1.99 (75% summer clearance)
2 Pop Ice* .99 each (75% summer clearance)
1 Glade Fragrance Collection candle $6.99 - $3 Kroger insert coupon 8-31-09
-$7.99 ECB (adjusted down to $7.96)
I got back $6.99 ECB for the Glade candle purchase (limit one per card)

Trans #2:
1 Hula Hoop $1.99
2 Pop Ice* .99 each
Paid with 2 $1.98 ECB and $.01 OOP

*On each box of Pop Ice there is a refund for $1 back, no limit per household. This should net me another $4 return so
Paid: $11.95 in ECBS and .01 OOP = $11.96
Got back $6.99 in ecbs and expecting $4 in rebates
$11.96- $10.99 = $.97 total cost.

6 comments:

Mandy said...

You weren't prepared?! That's the most kid-pleasing shopping trip I've ever seen for 97 cents. You are a genius!!

Sheila said...

The CVS on Grand Parkway will accept expired ECBs and so will the one on S. Fry. :-) BUT looks like you did well anyway!

Life Goes On said...

sounds like you did a great job and hula hoops are a great form of excersing.

Life Goes On said...

One question. I guess I did not know Walgreens would take other stores coupons, is that all Walgreens or do some refuse. thanks grace

Southwest Coupon Clipper said...

Thanks for the heads up on the pop ice! Got mine today!

katycouponers said...

I should clarify. The Kroger insert had manufacturer coupons.

Post a Comment