Saturday, September 5, 2009

General Mills Table Talk Event Day 1

I was so excited to get the opportunity to travel to General Mills headquarters last Sunday and Monday and finally I have a quiet time to blog about my trip! It was AMAZING! The people at General Mills and Coyne PR were WONDERFUL. They flew 25 mommy bloggers all the way to Minneapolis to discuss dinner time nutrition, value and fun as well as allowing us an opportunity to cook in the Betty Crocker kitchens and sample some new products.
I am horrible at remembering to take pictures when I am having so much fun, but here are a couple I did take.
FIRST, I have to show you the wonderful sleeping accommodations!

I had two beds like this in my room that I didn’t have to share with ANYONE!
(can you tell I missed my kids, lol)



After picking up my name badge, my bag of swag, and a quick nibble, we hopped on a bus and headed to the water for a boat Cruise and dinner!


While waiting to board, Laurie and Allison(left to right) were super nice and offered to take group shots with our cameras. I am not sure they were expecting so many(click the picture to make it bigger to see the stacks of cameras they each had on their arms! It was pretty funny.







I had so much fun talking with Mandy, Maria, Leighann and Suzy(General Mills employee) on the cruise, that I only took 1 picture, the sunset over Lake Minnetonka. After that we headed back to the hotel where we were generously offered a complimentary beverage and snack. I chose the ice cream, yummy and a soda and settled in my room to check email and then caught some zzz’s.
I will fill you in on Day 2 Monday. Stay tuned for LOTS of food!


*Please excuse how bad this post is lined up. For some reason the preview looks different than the finished product and it is way past time for me to get to bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment