Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Walgreens - a decent week in deals


I actually did the run earlier in the week and I guess I forgot to post it. Armed with the Walgreens coupon policy (and trust me, I had to whip it out!) I went to go score some free Nivea Mens body wash.  While there I looked around for the rest of the deals to roll my register rewards. Here is what I did:

6 Nivea for Mens $2.50 each - $3 insert  10-17 RP(adjusted down) = FREE
1 Blistex Ointment $2.59  (got back $2.60 RR)
1 Mucinex Full Force $7.99 (got back $8 RR)
2 Ricola cough drops $1 each - $.50  October booklet q(takes off $1)  - $1/2 insert 10-17 SS= FREE
1 Buffrin low dose $5.99 - $3 insert 10-17 SS - $3 October booklet q = -.01 and will mail for rebate form in 10-17 SS for $2.99 back
3 Halloween sacks .42 after in ad coupon (filler items)
- 10 in multiple RR
Total oop: .96

So final cost 10.96 - 2.60 - 8 - $2.99 = Profit of ~ $2 after cost of stamp.

The GREAT thing about the Nivea body wash is that it is NOT a Register Reward item, so be sure to pick up rainchecks when your stores are out.  Rainchecks at Walgreens NEVER expire and the coupons are good through end of November.  Plenty of time for them to restock and for you to get these free as well!

2 comments:

~Hooked on Bargains~ said...

It stinks we didn't get the Ricola NOR Nivea coupons in our paper this past week. Bummer!

Mary S. said...

Finally got to Wags today for the free Nivea. I had to inform the Asst. Mgr. of the coupon policy and it was STILL a huge hassle to get them to adjust the coupon down. There were over a dozen people waiting in line to check out by the time we got done....hate that! Free body wash...love that.

Post a Comment