Saturday, October 9, 2010

TRU- Good deal on Beauty and the Beast, don't do what I did, lol

I read some really good scenarios for cheap Beauty and the Beast and thought I would try to do even better. Well, it didn't quite work out that way and I should have just deleted an item and not tried to use my coupon and be done with it, but I was not on top of my game last night. I am posting this to show you that even I can turn a GREAT deal to just an ok one! First I will post the way I did the deal, then I will post a scenario that you might consider doing.

I received a $10 off $50 coupon in the mail for Toys R Us, so I thought I would try to use that to score some real goodies. Beauty and the Beast Blu Ray/DVD combo is $22.99 through today. Also, if you preorder Toy Story 3, you save $10 on any other Disney Blu-Ray priced $19.99 or higher. AND another promotion gets you a free Belle Magical Tea cart when you spend $25 $40 on Disney Princess merchandise(the Beauty and the Beast movie counts)

Ok, so I knew my total had to be $50 AFTER all the promos came off and I had the total straight at $50.97(before tax) and my coupon said I didn't have enough. We determined the $5 you pay to reserve Toy Story 3 does not count toward the coupon. This is where I went wrong

2 Toy Story 3 preorders $10
2 Beauty and the Beast $22.99 each - $10 each for preordering TS3 = 25.98
1 Belle Magical Cart $24.99 - $24.99 promo = FREE
1 Alice in Wonderland $14.99 (have to have my Johnny fix and this was to boost myself above the $50 mark)
=$50.97 and I was hoping to get $10 off for $10/50, then I had 2 $10 Ips for Beauty and the Beast. My total at this point WOULD have been $20.97 for 2 Beauty and the Beast, 1 Alice in Wonderland dvd,2 prebuys of TS3 and the free cart.
BUT, I threw in Iron Man on DVD for $16.99 to use my $10 coupon.
I ended up paying $40.56 after tax.
I look at that as ~ $10 a movie with a bonus of 2 prebuys and a toy valued at $25

Ok, so this is my suggestion for you. I hear some people near 1960 got a $5 off $25 in their Chronicle because they just reopened the Toys R Us around you. If you do this deal, you will totally soore well.

Prebuy 2 Toy Story 3 $10 (will not count for your $5/25 coupon)
Buy 2 Beauty and the Beast $22.99 - $10 for prebuy promo = $25.98 (yay, enough for your coupon)
1 Belles magical cart $24.99 - $24.99 = FREE
Hand over your $5 off $25 first, then your 2 $10 Ips for Beauty and the Beast
$10 + $25.98 - $5/25 - $20 = $10.98!!!!!
So you will only pay $10.98 for 2 copies of Beauty and the Beast(give one as a gift) and 2 prebuys of Toy story 3. The tea cart is just a bonus. That is $6 each for a Blu Ray/DVD combo WOW!!!!

Even if you don't have the $5 coupon, your price is only $15.98.

Now, you might be saying, but I don't want Toy Story 3 and how much MORE is it going to cost me when it comes in. To this I answer, WHO CARES? If you don't want it, preorder ANYWAY and just don't pick it up when it comes in. Think about it, they are giving you $10 off your Beauty and the Beast purchase for paying $5 up front for TS3. So you are basically paying $5 for a $10 coupon, sounds like a winner to me!

Thanks Couponing to Disney for the heads up on the Toys R Us promotions.

3 comments:

Ash said...

I'm glad you posted this. I tried to use the $10/$50 yesterday, too, and it wouldn't take. I was given the story of "it didn't work cause it can't be combined with sales" line. Now I know where I went wrong!!

Anonymous said...

$40.00 in Disney Princess purchase to get the Belle Tea Cart for free.
Also, when you buy a Disney DVD you are supposed to get a coupon booklet. Inside you will find a coupon for $6.00 off Beauty and the Beast and one other Disney movie priced at $14.99 or more.
I was just able to use this today with no beeping, no associate hesitation. They were behind the counter and given when dvd was purchased so I didn't use the $6.00 off my first set of Beauty/Beast, but was able to with my second run.
+22.99 Beauty/Beast
+22.99 " "
+5.00 TS3 pre-order
+5.00 TS3 pre-order
+24.99 Belle Tea cart
=80.97
-24.99 FREE Tea cart for $40.00 Disney Princess purchase (came off automatically which was great)
-10.00 TS3 pre-order promo
-10.00 " "
-10.00 Beauty/Beast manuf coup
-10.00 " "
-6.00 coupon booklet Toys R Us coup for Beauty/Beast and 1 other dvd
total 9.98 plus tax
You could ask for the coupon booklet first, or maybe other locations have it out. I didn't ask first because I just don't like to push a deal that is already awesome.
Also in the booklet is a coupon for $3.00 off TS3 and any other Disney dvd priced at $14.99 or more, I will use this one when I purchase TS3.
With these great deals, it will make donating at Christmas time easier to do financially, and really nice donations too.
I have always loved Toys R Us since I can remember as a child and I'm so happy they are hanging on. Better selection than W###### and a nicer/fun experience.

Kristin said...

I didn't use the coupon, but since I preordered one copy of Beauty and the Beast, $10 came off when I bought two copies. My total was $5.98 for the tea cart, 2 copies of the movie and 2 preorders of Toy Story.

Post a Comment