Sunday, October 10, 2010

Recycling DOES pay

I am asked quite often how many papers I buy. I have to be honest, the answer is ZERO. That is right, I don't even get a home delivery anymore. Lucky for me I have some really good non couponing friends and neighbors that guarantee me anywhere from 5-20 papers a week. I also sometimes hit my local Starbucks or Chick Fil A as they offer free papers for their patrons to read and they are complete with coupons.

After that, there is one more source I sometimes score a decent supply of coupons.
Recycle bins. I don't always go weekly, but I try to. I recycle all junk mail, cardboard boxes, and other paper. As I am tossing my recyclables in I take a peek. Sometimes it pays off, today it REALLY paid off.

This is a picture of what I found in the recycle bin today.  Some of the items on the floorboard is fully wrapped and intact Sunday newspapers.  The other bundles are insert packets typically thrown on lawns during the week.
This is the after shot of my find.  Now I have a fresh pile to take back to the recycle bin and perhaps I will find some more goodies :)

So, where do you get your papers?  What unlikely source have you found for FREE papers?  See, you can save the planet and save some cash all at the same time!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

OMG! Way to go!
I get a few inserts from my mom and neighbor.

jamie said...

Our church has a paper recycling bin in the parking lot. As long as we do not climb inside, we can dig as much out as we want:) looks like you scored GOLD!! awesome

Anonymous said...

WOW! I have thought about looking at my local recycling center, but I have to be honest, I wasn't sure if it was "legal" to take things out of the bins.

Anonymous said...

Great score! I got inserts on Monday from 20 Sunday papers when I picked up lunch for my kiddos - I saw the stack and asked if I could have the coupons! I have been told NO at a lot of places but knew I had to ask this time and so very glad I did. I was wondering if you know though why the inserts we get FREE on our lawns Saturday morning do not always have the same coupons as the Sunday paper. I have wondered this for sometime and think it is a big bummer they aren't duplicate coupons from the actual Sunday paper - they always seem to be missing a few of the good ones.

Post a Comment