Friday, October 8, 2010

Safeway (Randalls) WOW a suprise find

I thought the Barilla pasta deal was already a decent deal at Randalls, but I got a special treat when buying it.

In case you don't know the deal, Randalls has the Barilla sauce on sale for $2 each and if you buy 2 sauces, you get 2 pastas for free.  We also have .75 coupons on the sauce in 8-29 SS.  I expected my cost to be as follows:
$4 for sauces
2 free sauces
-$1.50 in coupons
= $2.50 cost and get back a $1 oynso catalina = $1.50 for 2 pasta sauce and 2 pastas or .38 each

Well, the pasta shows up as $0 but an extra $1 coupon came off my receipt.  Not only that, but my Barilla coupons took off tax even though Barilla is NOT taxable, so it cost $1.35 and I got back $1 oynso so .35 each for ALL 4 or .09 each!!!!!!

I have done this now 4 times at 3 stores and it worked all but once.  I personally think the Spaghetti is triggering in as the second store I did this in did not have the regular spaghetti so I got thin and it didn't work. The other 3 transactions I got at least 1 regular spaghetti and the extra $1 came off every time!
WOW!!!!! I will be busy tomorrow stocking up. 

3 comments:

Rachel said...

How many copies of the paper do you get each week? I'm so bummed because I only have one of the sauce coupons, but I usually only buy extra copies of the paper if it is full of other coupons I know I will use. Do you order extra coupons from one of those clipping sites? Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I just went to my Randall's and scored...I luckily had 12 coupons for pasta sauce so it was one sweet deal for me. Thanks for the post.

~Hooked on Bargains~ said...

I wonder if this coupon was regional? I can't find any of the coupons:(

Post a Comment