Thursday, October 21, 2010

Randalls - Free fruit snacks, Softsoap ...

I finally broke down and rented a car since I still don't have mine fixed.  I was having shopping withdrawals and at least got a quick trip to Randalls in today.  I didn't have all my coupons with me of course, so this is all I purchased.

4 BC fruit snacks 2.29 each - $1.30 each with in ad coupon wyb $10 worth of stuff = $3.96
-.50/2 insert 10-3 GM - .50/2 insert 9-12 GM = $1.96*****
1 Softsaop $1 - .35 insert(tripled) 9-26 or 10-3 SS (hurry they expire soon)= FREE
1 Quaker Oatmeal reduced because box was banged up $2.50 - $1.25 50% sticker - $2 IP = - .75
Cost oop : $1.21 and got back $2 oynso catalina for buying the fruit snacks

******It is VERY important you use 1 coupon only from each insert. Both coupons have a slightly different bar code which makes BOTH double and hence FREE fruit snacks after cat deal.

I also noticed a ecoupon came off after he scanned all my products, but when the cashier scanned my in ad coupon to make the snacks .99 each, the ecoupon cancelled out.  I noticed it on the register screen when he hit total RIGHT AFTER scanning the ad coupon.  So don't plan on any e-coupons on this deal.

Thanks Courtney for the heads up on the fruit snacks :)

 While I was there, I noticed this sweet little tag.  I was hoping for a coupon, but no such luck that I can find.  Still pretty good price if you are a fan of mango!

Also, the fruit natural cups are on sale for $1 at both Kroger and Randalls.  If you have the produce booklets from Randalls, there is a .25/1 blueberry variety in there making them just .25 each.
If not, you can print a $1/3 coupon here (you might have to change your zip code, I usually look in my own and 90210 and 60110)  to make for a pretty decent deal, I am gonna print a couple of these since they are not exclusive to just the blueberry or mixed berry variety.  My kids love the mandarin oranges and pineapple chunks and it beats me peeling and slicing, lol. (also, I like that most are floating in apple juice NOT syrup!!!!!!!!)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are the rumor of Randalls/safeway no longer allowing paper coupons AND loadables true? I'm guessing that's why the ecoupon came off then cancelled after the cashier started scanning paper coupons? I thought the policy change was only in California so far. This is really going to bum me out :(

katycouponers said...

Anon, I am not sure about that, notice I stated the eq came off AFTER the in ad coupon was scanned but BEFORE any other paper coupons were scanned. I am not going to assume any changes until I confirm them for myself.

Kristin said...

It's happening in Houston. But only at certain stores in town. I noticed it this week, when I had about $50 in ecoupons not work. When I went to another store, they worked just fine...

Anonymous said...

I thought the softsoap coupon only applied to the 8.5 oz. or larger and the softsoap on sale is the 7.5 oz. size. The coupon didn't beep?

katycouponers said...

The softsoap coupon I used said any softsoap. Come to think of it, I got it from the Kroger pharmacy books, not the inserts.

Unknown said...

I went to Randalls in N. Houston yesterday and any paper coupons I used that also had e-coupons attached beeped and had to be pushed through. The cashier told me the coupon policy had changed a couple of weeks ago not allowing paper coupons to stack with e-coupons. He was really nice about pushing my coupons through..but I'm afraid our stacking days may soon be over. :(

Anonymous said...

Kristin, which stores did they still work at? This is so sad, I thought we had more time :(

Kristin said...

Anonymous, they did NOT work at the Clear Lake store, but did at Pearland near 288.

Anonymous said...

ZM - can you please share which Randalls had the Del Monte Mangos at 10 for $10. At the store I went by, it wasn't on sale for this price, but rather something like 2 for $6.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

ZM - Another question please....I was wondering in another post you mentioned about getting the artichokes hearts for $1 (free after cpn). Is that a regular everyday price or only sale price. Do you know if it is still on sale?

Also, where were you able to find it at the store.

Thanks again.

Mary S. said...

Both e-coupons and paper coupons worked for me earlier this week at my Randalls (Holcombe and Buffalo Spdwy. Today they did NOT work. I had the Wonka coupons, DelMonte frut cups, and several other coupons loaded on my Randalls card and NONE of them came off on the items that I also had paper coupons for. What a bummer. We have a gorgeous new HEB about a mile up the street from Randalls and it is starting to look better and better.

katycouponers said...

Anon, the mangos were at the Williams Trace and Hwy 6 store in Sugar Land. The artichoke hearts were a sale price and they are no longer on sale. They are stocked in the produce deopartment.

Mary, yes, it seems the registers are now rejecting loadables with other coupons, including in ad store coupons :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie, I was just curious how this policy change is going to affect you and your deal planning? Do you still plan on loading all coupons to your Randalls card or are you going to just use paper coupons?
PS are you totally bummed about this too? :(

katycouponers said...

Anon, yes I will still load coupons to my card just in case. I am a little bummed but I know I can still find deals there, just might require a bit more planning.

Post a Comment