Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Deals around the blogosphere

I was out of town all weekend and then had guest into the wee hours last night.

So I frantically tried to read a few of my favorite blogs to get some deals to run on my lunch hour. I started the new job today, so I knew I would not be able to surf for deals during work hours. Well, let's just say many of my deals I had planned were a BUST today.

Here is what I had on my list, for those interested:
CVS - Off clip on, print $3 coupon, get it free
(Well, it was NOT free but if you want the refills they are $3.19, so .19 after coupon, I passed seeing as I don't have the unit)
I did get a $6 CRT off any Prevacid by scanning my card so combining that with $6 Parade coupon will get me a 14 count for .99.

Didn't read this until tonight:
CVS stores have Huggies Mega pack diapers on clearance for as cheap as $4.49
Use $3 IP or
$4/2 IP Little Movers/Little Snugglers or
$3.50/2 IP Snug and Dry

Went to Kroger, they were OUT of Sweet Baby Rays so got a raincheck.
Also, after I let, I heard the Yoplait greek yogurt would be free with this .30 IP tripled.

Went to Randalls after work hoping to get the Wheaties Fuel for free with my $2.75 in loadables and $1 IP or IP but they were $3.99 regular price, so I thought I would wait until tommorrow to see if they go on sale. I did also notice they had several Warm Delights on clearance for $1.49, so should be free or small money maker with cellfire and .50 IP here.
When I got home, I got a wonderful envelope from a GREAT couponing friend. Inside was a raincheck for Heinz 40 oz ketchup for $1 at HEB(no Limit) and 7 $1 HEB yellow coupons for Heinz ketchup!!!!! The coupons expire today so I headed out and while there, I picked up 2 more Oscar Mayer deli creations with $1 coupons and scored free HEB chips (free when you buy OM Deli Creations and yellow store coupon) and bananas. Paid .80 for all you see pictured. That made up for my bad lunch run!



Ok, so back to my list I had going:
I was going to head to Dollar General to check about the rumor of .50 Bar S hot dogs until I found out my papers didn't have the $1/2 coupons from 5-16 SS.

Didn't have time to go to Target to get more free Wishbone dressing(see my Target post from yesterday)
I am adding Shout to my list to check out when I am able to stop by (rumored to be just .22 after Target IP and manuf IP)
Listerine is supposed to be on clearance for $1.98 - $2 IP (zip 01364)= FREE

I will try to share more later, but I must get to bed! zzzzzzz

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. I love going to several stores and picking up free items or close to free. Congrats on your new position.

~Hooked on Bargains~ said...

Did you see the new HEB coupon policy that they will take 1 yellow store coupon AND 1 mfg. coupon? I'll be interested to see if I start shopping there more.
http://hookedonbargains.blogspot.com/search/label/HEB

Deb said...

Yay, congrats on the new job! :) Remember that it's okay if you don't pick up many awesome deals for the first couple of weeks, until you figure out a new shopping & browsing rhythm. :) Hehe - and we all have those days. :p I learned yesterday that my Fiesta won't take internet coupons. Luckily I only had two items and not a whole shopping cart full. :)


Just a note about HEB: you have to be *very* careful trying to combine their yellow coupons with non-HEB coupons. Most of their yellow coupons are manufacturer coupons (type M). From their policy:

# Only one manufacturer coupon per item is permitted.
* Combining a manufacturer issued coupon with an H-E-B issued manufacturer coupon (Type M) on the same item is not permitted

# H-E-B will combine store sponsored yellow coupons with manufacturer coupons for the same product
* One (1) manufacturer issued coupon and one (1) H-E-B issued Store-sponsored (Type S)
* One (1) manufacturer issued coupon and one (1) H-E-B issued Big Savings coupon (Type B)

But if you find any actual type S store coupons, please let us know! :)

Frances said...

You got some great deals, even if you were not ecstatic about them.

That is a great deal on diapers at CVS. I may stop by and check my stores, though they are probably already wiped out. LOL!

Post a Comment