Tuesday, June 29, 2010

CVS- Cheap Prevacid, Profit on Pantene

Stopped at CVS on my way home to scan my card. Well, I got a $2 off Pantene and a $6 off Prevacid so I decided I needed to put a deal together before leaving. I also happened to have 2 $2 Stayfree coupons left that I had to use today before they expire (I am on an all day business trip to Tulsa tomorrow)

Well, I think the CVS manager at this store was a little TOO generous with coupon usage but it is still a good deal without his generosity!

Here is what my transaction looked like:
6 Stayfree $3.79 bogo sale - bogo insert 6-27 - 2 $2 insert 3-28 RP (expire 6-30)= -$4
8 M&M pretzel .89 each bogo sale - bogo insert 6-27 = FREE
3 Scotch Pop up hand tapes .69 each - $1 IP (adjusted down) = FREE
1 Scotch Pop up desk tape .65 - $1 IP (adjusted down) = FREE
1 Prevacid 42 count $23.99 - $6 CRT - $5 tearpad from CVS = $12.99
2 Pantene hairspray clearance $2.49 each - $2 CRT -2 $2 Parade mag coupons - 2 $1 CVS peelies* = -1.02
-$4.98 in ECBS
Cost oop: .95
Earned $5 in ECBS for the Prevacid

Final cost for everything: .95!!!!!

*The peelies are CVS coupons and I think the second one beeped. I also told the manager I didn't think I could use the peelies and the CRT together, but he insisted on peelie them off and showing me that they would work(I think he had to manually put them in???)
So, if you find the clearance Pantene and the peelies you should be able to get overage on Pantene stylers using those and the Parade $2 coupons! Even bigger overage if you get the $2 off any Pantene CRT!

8 comments:

GG With A Twist of Lime said...

What CVS do you shop at in Katy? I am new at the couponing and so frustrated with trying to use coupons at CVS and Walgreen's. Nearly everytime I go to use my coupons they don't have the item in stock. Any suggestions?

katycouponers said...

GG these were actually purchased in Sugar Land. I work in Sugar Land so do most my weekday shopping there.
Only thing I can suggest is to venture further out if possible, or become friendly with a nearby store and see if they can special order, or ask when their truck comes.

Pheobie said...

Hi! I found your site via the Kroger thread on HCW. I'm in the Cy-Fair area and couldn't find the pretzel M&M's anywhere...

Great deals!

Anonymous said...

There is a $10 printable coupon for Prevacid, making it a better deal with the $6 CVS coupon plus $5 Extra Bucks.

amy and the bad cats said...

the cvs i stopped at yesterday had the pretzel m&ms not at the front with other single-serve candy, but in a box on a shelf with larger size packages of candy. i only kept looking, because i knew this same store had had them last week.

Greenie said...

Did you have to tear into the pads at the store, look a little ripped :P

katycouponers said...

Actually, that is a shipping sticker on the packaging Green

Denise said...

I am not well versed in couponing at CVS but my friend and I went and she tried to do the stay free and they told her that she couldnt use bogo coupons on a bogo sale...she still got a really good deal, but just was mentioning it because we try to go do some of the stuff you do on here and get rejected...not often just every once and a while.

Post a Comment